AT&T has an opening for a Linux/Unix System Administrator (SA) position is in support of a Government Solutions customer in the Northern Virginia area. The candidate for this position will have both Linux/UNIX system administration and software development skills. The candidate will work closely with the other SAs, system vendors and the end-users to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Skills and familiarity with the Linux Red Hat Operating System is a must. This position also requires strong problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to work alone and as a member of the support and development team.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Linux RedHat systems within an enterprise server environment
- Install O/S patch updates and third party application updates to maintain reliability and security posture.
- Install, setup and maintain HP enterprise servers and SANS systems.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot ESXi virtualization systems.
- Support a Lab environment for testing software and patch updates before installing them in the Production environment.
- Create shell scripts as needed to support various monitoring and collection needs.
- Create and maintain backup of the Redhat/Unix systems and maintain and update the disaster recovery plans of the Redhat/Unix systems.
- Create and update documentation to support system administration procedures for installing, operating and maintaining the systems.
- Education requirements are flexible depending on experience.
- 5+ year of system administration experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in Northern Virginia
- BA in Computer Science
- SA experience with Microsoft software
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.