AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for System Administrator to support the National Security Sector, in providing Linux engineering and administrative support on a complicated distributed Linux-based System.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy.
- Proficient in Cloud Computing.
- Competencies of systems including: Fault tolerance, High availability, Scalability and Capacity planning, Data center organization, and Backup / Recovery.
- Illustrates knowledge of at least three of the following technologies: Encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, VPNs, SSL, Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution.
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future enterprise requirements.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle; the System Engineering Life Cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills.
- Provides Linux platform support (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) and administrative support, including management and troubleshooting, experience with patching and maintaining server build.
- Illustrates hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated].
- Illustrates hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Splunk, etc.).
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirement.
- Displays understanding of open source frameworks, with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape.
- Establishes ability to deploy and maintain Linux baseline for physical and virtual platforms.
- Establishes ability to develop and maintain capacity metric, Interprets and implements new concepts, technologies and products quickly.
- On-Call -Required to carrier a pager.
- Team player, work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills regarding developing project briefings, updating system designs, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, and system outage after action reports.
- Illustrates experience performing trend analysis on overall system health, performance, and capacity management regarding utilization and growth.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2129136 Date posted 05/20/2021