Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Service Transition/DevOps Functional Lead to support the Network Operations Center in providing technical expertise and service transition leadership.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Functional Lead Manages team of technical professionals and serves as the primary interface with the Government Technical Manager for Service Transition operations
- Conceptualizes, designs, constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology
- Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context and organizational strategic direction
- Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects. Collects, identifies, defines, and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables with the customer. Participates in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems. Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria. Prepares system documentation
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents. Participates in special studies. Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
- Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts, network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, and updating leadership team
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Experience developing and executing an ITIL service strategy based on the ITIL framework that considers the customer's missions and IT management technologies
- Experience planning and implementing an overarching IT Service Management strategic guidance for obtaining and providing innovative and optimal service and performance delivery across the enterprise
- Experience providing IT Service Transition support for the full lifecycle of transition of service delivery technologies and end-user devices and equipment
- Support Service Transition planning, as well as proactively manage resources to successfully add a new service to, or change an existing IT service with minimal impact to the IT infrastructure environment
- Detailed understanding and prior hands-on experience of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices)
- Familiarity of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices
- Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Redhat, CCNP, ITIL, MSCE, PMP, Scrum Master, Developer
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.