AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Engineer (Access) to support the customers’ various wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN), providing network design, upgrades and configuration support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer intranet/internet and other data communications systems or segments of a networked system; provide tiered support as required.
The job duties of the Engineer (Access) are as follows:
- Design and improve overall Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network architecture and network services. Maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Perform lab equipment, software, application, and network services solution evaluation, testing, integration with the Network Management System (NMS) and security certification.
- Evaluate new network technologies, solution, and services.
- Support Tier-4 production troubleshooting and develop pro-active network analysis solution for the Operations team. Leverage complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must be compliant with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
- Juniper certification or training: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE).
- Experience in developing and implementing methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of CAN/LAN and WAN networks.
- Familiar with firewalls and network timing.
- Experience with network equipment and solution rolls out, as well as engineering documentation.
- Experience with operations and maintenance activities of MPLS networks and MPLS Virtual Private Network (VPN) services.
- Experience using complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Experience employing troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2231829 Date posted 06/21/2022