Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for The Command &Telemetry (C&T) Network Engineer is a technical role which includes solution and design engineering functions for government passive and active network infrastructures. The candidate will responsible for C&T Network Engineering and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. These engineering activities will be conducted on the government’s wide area networks (WAN), the local area networks (LAN), Campus Area Networks (CAN), Access and Control Interfaces (CI), Command and Telemetry and other networks that support multiple classification levels of communications.
- Translate customer requirements/architectures/needs into solutions
followed by high-level/low-level design according to portfolio offering
- Regularly supports the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical network solution to the customer. Provides a key support role in operating as a conducive high-performance team across all lifecycle stages
- Performs/Conducts the transition/transformation from existing to new network design solutions
- Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry)
- Provides technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to strategy moving forward
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies
- Supports knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes knowledge to job family community
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.