Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security business development Team supports our customers in the intelligence community and the Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, network, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Business Development to support the National Security Segment, responsible for providing identifying, qualifying and winning new business within the Intelligence Community. This is a critical role to help find business opportunities in a hard to penetrate market within the Intelligence Community.
- The candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, capturing, and winning new business in the National Security Segment (NSS) focused on organizational departments within the Intelligence Community (IC). Target clients are located in Washington Metro Area (Northern Virginia, Washington DC and Central Maryland).
- Developing an assessment of the budget, spending, and procurements associated within the IC
- Evaluate technology vertical markets within telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions
- Build relationships with IC and target client’s leadership to ensure awareness of AT&T capabilities and initiatives while making sure that we have alignment at the senior levels.
- Lead opportunity reviews and decision gates that consist of: 1) identification; 2) qualification; 3) opportunity development; and 4) bid/no bid.
- Candidate will identify prospective IC opportunities using relationships with existing AT&T customers, market assessment, industry sources, partners, and customers.
- Candidate will qualify prospective opportunities by evaluating past performance, competition, relationships, and incumbents while positioning with the customer, assembling a winning approach and team, identifying customer hot buttons, defining the elements to win, and identifying key personnel. The position will keep senior leadership of NSS appropriately informed and engaged as opportunities move through the selling and approval cycle.
- Manage sales pipeline and reporting through sales reporting and tracking tool, forecast monthly sales, report monthly sales results and proof of sales through sales reporting tools
- BS or BA Degree
- Knowledge of IC and target customer’s organizational structure and it’s leadership
- IC contracts and contracting processes
- Functional and organizational knowledge of key IC organizations
- 10 -15 years experience working within the IC as a Government employee or industry partner
- Strong inter-personnel communications and writing skills
- Technology proficiency in telecommunications, network operations, data centers/cloud computing, cyber security and mobile solutions
- Ideal candidate may serve in both Business Development and should have a strong understanding of the IC market and infrastructure Information Technology (IT) solutions.
- Understanding of sales and business development process in the Federal Government and Intelligence Community
- Past programmatic experience
- Computer Skills (including PowerPoint, SharePoint) at an advanced level
- Ability to use CRM Tools
- Past military service or IC career a plus
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.