AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Civilian team supports our Nation’s federal agencies delivering services to the Public and are responsible to provide core agency mission service along with obtaining critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of mission delivery. The DOS Janus IV contract provides voice, data, and WiFi network engineering, analysis, procurement, storage, shipment, and installation to DOS locations world-wide.
AT&T has an opening for a WiFi Engineer Mid to support the DOS LWS Division, in providing day to day JANUS IV project support to the DOS FPT program.
- Be available to travel worldwide (2-weeks to 6-months per trip, up to 60% of the year).
- Possess and apply intermediary knowledge regarding the maintenance, operation, and implementation of network WiFi transport solutions.
- The candidate shall be capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN) wired and wireless technologies and devices.
- The candidate shall be capable of evaluating WiFi performance results, performing risk assessments, recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation, documenting, and developing procedures and processes.
- The candidate shall provide Tier II WiFi support maintenance activities.
- System reporting against WiFi systems, to include generation of performance specifications, test plans, and deployment/integration documentation.
- The WiFi survey, inspection, installation, and maintenance support for DOS target sites.
- Installation of Wi-Fi systems in accordance with DoS guidelines.
- Create predictive Wi-Fi deployment reports.
- Provide WiFi technical support to DOS OBO New Embassy Compounds (NEC), New Consular Compounds (NCC), New Office Buildings (NOB), renovations and similar projects.
Top Secret (#topsecret)
3 years IP network admin/engineering experience, 3 years of qualified WiFi operations and/or engineering experience, 1 years of direct experience working as a WiFi engineer, 1 year of hands-on experience with WiFi analysis/heat map tools (e.g., Ekahau, Solar Winds NPM, ect.), 1 year converting WiFi analysis into AP deployment plans, 3 years and expert level skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project tools.
Strong team skills, excellent communications skills, 2 years experience working projects and programs with Federal customers (prefer DOS), 2 years of experience with Ekahau building deployment plans