AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T Public Sector Army/DISA Division is responsible for capturing and delivering the full suite of secure telecommunications products and services that are available or are being developed to support the unique requirements of those DoD agencies.
AT&T has an opening for a Senior Technical Program Manager technical to support the Army 5G FOBs and TOCs (forward operating bases and tactical operations centers) program. This position will provide technical project and program management regarding the design, customization, implementation, and account management of highly technical 5G/IoT/Mobility solutions for this Army 5G strategic program. The program will involve new and/or enhancing technology and requires tight coordination and integration with multiple organizations and suppliers. Provides overall direction and technical or analytical guidance to project and program teams that typically span multiple organizations and outside suppliers/vendors.
The job duties of the Technical Program Manager are as follows:
- Provides overall responsibility (to include P&L, schedule and customer relationship development) for the development and delivery of prototype solutions required under the 5G FOBs and TOCs contract.
- Has supervisory and/or management responsibility for the prototype development and delivery team. Delivery team will include direct report(s), internal support & technical overlay organizations and external subcontractors and vendors.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conducts project/program meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis.
- Ensure adherences to quality standards and reviews project/program deliverables.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of major problems.
- Occasionally supports Army 5G new business efforts:
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding technical issues relating to AT&T Core services, such as 5G/IoT/Mobility and input into product roadmap and prioritization to support validated customer requirements.
- Advises the Army on suitability of products based on technical needs and rationalizes customer requirements in product roadmap prioritization.
- Contributes to new program initiatives, proposals, presentations, or bids, including developing solutions and pricing of highly complex 5G/IoT/Mobility solutions for the Army.
- Researches and develops solutions with AT&T external and internal partners for the Army.
- Manages and coordinates the sales process and/or technical team in support of the sale of highly complex products and services to the Army. These complex products/services are a priority for the Army and requires specific focus, innovation and expertise.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Information Technology Management or related technical field.
- 5-8 years of experience in information technology, specifically in wireless technology, and management, preferably in support of DoD
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel within CONUS if required to support contract requirements
- PMP certification
- Solid knowledge of mobility RAN, Core, and Transport systems and 3GPP standards
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!