AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. Network Design Engineer - To perform WAN and CAN/LAN network design, vendors/technologies evaluation, lab testing and certification, network performance analysis, continuous network improvement. Individual will work closely with different engineering discipline, network management team, operation team, and performance analysis team. Individual will work with customer, evaluate customer requirements, develop written solution for these requirements, also develop and perform technical presentation.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, documentation, and reporting on the various networks. Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
• Analyze the current performance of systems and networks
• Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the customer engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network.
• Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to eliminate impact on network performance, and improve survivability, and provide feedback to the network engineers.
• Use complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
• Evaluate new technologies and vendors equipment to meeting customer requirements, network upgrades, and network recaps.
• Conduct lab setup, configuration, integration with NMS tools. Develop test procedures documentation, conduct integration testing, and conduct solution integration and security certification
• Coordinate with configuration management and operation teams.
• Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
• Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
• Network protocols knowledge: OSPF, OSPF-TE, E-BGP, I-BGP, MPLS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, EVPN, VPLS, Multicast.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
• Network certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE
• Network Management knowledge: Riverbed, Solarwinds, HP NNM, Micro Focus
• Tester knowledge: Spirent, Ixia
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2105636 Date posted 05/16/2021