AT&T Public Sector & FIRSTNET is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The AT&T Public Sector & FIRSTNET, Defense and National Security team is the passionate and trusted partner to deliver leading-edge, specialized, and proven solutions for the government’s defense, intelligence, and national security missions around the globe, powered by AT&T’s world-class integrated communications and technology products and services.
- Networks and Communications
- IT Managed Services
- Mobility, 5G, and FirstNet
AT&T has an opening for a Lead Capture Manager to support the Business Development, Capture and Proposal (BDC&P) organization, in providing support to Technology and Client Executive Teams by leading capture strategy development and responding to solicitations issued from Defense and National Security agencies.
The successful candidate will need a clear understanding of the Client Executive (CE), Business Development, and Capture and Proposal teams and be able to work well with them. Candidate should have a basic understanding of industry partners, vendors, and the Federal Government client base. The successful candidate will lead business development and/or capture management engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for various agencies while working collaboratively with other BD Leads, Capture Managers, and Proposal Managers.
- Assist BD and Client Executive Team in building relationships with Defense and National Security leadership to ensure awareness of AT&T capabilities and initiatives
- Identifies and builds relationships with industry partners for teaming.
- Develop capture plans for acquisition of new business, formulate a winning capture strategy in alignment with senior AT&T management and the customer, and obtain the internal and external resources necessary to execute the capture plan.
- Leads development capabilities gap analysis, competitive assessments, discriminators and key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy.
- Develops compelling solutions that are easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Develops and presents oral proposals.
- Conducts various milestone reviews as part of the Pursuit Lifecycle Process
- Lead or coordinate with cross-functional team involved in capture process to produce high quality, winning proposals while meeting stringent schedule requirements and provide all necessary data.
- Schedule pursuit/submit reviews and any related and required meetings with senior management for proposal submission.
- Works to ensure effective integration of win strategies, themes and discriminators into proposal response
- The Capture Manager will have overall management responsibility for the bid and response team responsible and accountable for bid quality and competitive price targets. The Capture Manager will keep senior leadership of Global Business-Public Sector Solutions appropriately informed and engaged as opportunities move through the BD/Capture Lifecycle process and approval process
Additional Duties May Include:
- Define and execute on a market development plan and ensure it’s consistent with AT&T’s strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders.
- Identify and engage key customers and key partners including system integrators to formulate deal strategies.
- Support business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings to meet customer mission requirements.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the marketplace.
- May occasionally serve as a Proposal Volume Lead or Section Owner
- Refine solutions and write assigned proposal sections in accordance with approve outlines and schedules
- Refine content plans in accordance with value proposition, solution and themes and discriminators
- Create proposal drafts
- Incorporate review comments
- Follow proposal standards and configuration controls
- Participate in brainstorming and collaboration sessions
- Participate in the creation of innovative solutions to RFP requirements
TS/ SCI (#ts/sci)
- Experience, and Education: Bachelor’s degree or above (in a technical focus area) with 10+ years a Business Development Lead and/or managing capture efforts
- Knowledge of Federal IT contracts and contracting processes
- Fundamental understanding of IT, network, cloud, and cybersecurity services Functional and efforts in Federal Government space.
- 5-10 years managing or capture efforts of greater than $300M Contract Lifecycle Value
- Strong track record for winning IT contracts in the Federal government environment
- Mastery knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Teams
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Must be able to work varied and flexible hours in support of Sales team and event needs (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays). Some business-related travel required
- Reside in the Washington DC metro area as senior leadership and primary management of program is based in Oakton, VA.
- Industry certifications: PMP, APMP
- Formal business development training: Shipley or equivalent
- Prior exposure or experience in government proposals with a large defense contractor or proposal consulting firm is essential
- Strong understanding of project and proposal management lifecycles; and Government Procurement/Capture/Proposal Management
- Solid understanding of telecom industry as it relates to approaches for Technical, Management and Transition strategies.
- Proven ability to create tracking dashboards and tools to track progress and status of activities
- TS SCI with Polygraph
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2214659 Date posted 03/31/2022