Automotive Equipment Technician
Our Technicians keep millions of people connected to the wide range of services we have to offer. If you’re tech savvy, a great problem solver and love helping customers – take your career on the road with us.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Technician at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Personable 8
- Helpful 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Adaptable 9
- Tech savvy 7
Automotive Equipment Technician
A job with AT&T as a Term Full-time Automotive Equipment Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Automotive Equipment Technicians perform diagnosis, maintenance and repair of a diversified fleet of vehicles and other motorized/non-motorized equipment.
What you'll do as an AT&T Automotive Equipment Technician:
- Operate and maintain all motor vehicles and motor-drive tools.
- Disburse gasoline; clean, lubricate and paint motor vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance including: inspections, adjustments, repairs and overhauls on all motor vehicles associated equipment (such as brakes, electrical, ignition, cooling, transmission) and construction trailers.
- Repair, service and test electrical and hydraulic powered equipment such as: aerial lift, generator, pumps, winches and specialized underground equipment and compressors.
- Receive, record and analyze reports of trouble on individual company motor vehicles and tools.
- Order or assist in ordering vehicles and/or specialized equipment parts. Maintain inventory and stock level in Motor Vehicle parts room
- Certification in 1 to 5 categories of Mechanics Certification by the National Institute of Automotive Services Excellence (ASE) OR equivalent certification from an automobile manufacturer (e.g., Ford GM, Chrysler), trade school, or equivalent state license/certification.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Commercial Driver’s License after proper training and qualification on state and company driving tests.
- Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
- Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Date posted 04/21/2021
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
How to prepare for your assessment
Our goal is to set you up for success at AT&T.
That's why we’re providing you with the information you need to prepare for the entire application process. When you’re getting ready, it’s a good idea to find a quiet place, get in the zone and answer as honestly as possible. And to prevent any errors from happening, make sure you are doing so on a computer and not a mobile device.
The job is rewarding with great pay, benefits and the ability to meet the needs of customers with excellent service. Each day is a new adventure. You meet new customers, explore different cities, and challenge yourself everyday. You get to work on your own, but if needed, you've got reliable support in your group of peers and management team.
Everyday is different. Everyday is a new challenge. You will learn something new everyday, so don't expect to get the job figured out in the first few months.Current Employee – Wire Technician
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.