Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Provide administrative support for the Enterprise Users on Network Management Systems.
- Maintain current hostname list on the NMS server. Assisting in Quarterly Password update for NOC managed networks devices.
- Troubleshoot all NMS related issues on all NMS servers and network devices as assigned by NOC Manager or Designee.
- Update and resolve incident tickets that are assigned to NMS.
- Participate on required conference calls for all NMS matters.
- Perform escalation as required for assigned NMS outages. Troubleshoot SNMP traps reported by Network Technicians.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in related field. Cisco CCNA and/or Sun Solaris SCSA a plus.
- Certified in accordance with DODD 8570.1 Information Assurance Technician II. Sec+ or CCNA Security required.
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience that includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, IPS, VPN, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/BAN/MAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing software (HP Service Manager) and network monitoring solutions (NetView, HP NNMi, HP OM; TACACS Plus and HPNA).
- Previous experience working on DoD bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Experience with Perl and Expect language a plus.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.