About the team:
The AT&T Video Business Development team maintains and negotiates agreements supporting the maintenance and sale of all formats of AT&T video advertising inventory. Categories of negotiations led by this team include (1) campaign planning and measurement data costs and ad tech vendor relationships and (2) digital ad exchange, inventory resell, and AT&T video programmer strategic and partnership agreements advertising rights. The team resultantly supports many stakeholder groups, from Sales, Business Analytics, Finance, Operations, and Product.
About the Job:
There has been significant growth, complexity, and, resultantly, ongoing management by the Business Development team of:
(1) AT&T video programmer, device, and digital distribution related partnerships, including negotiating, tracking, and internally communicating resulting advertising initiatives and/or strategic advertising inventory deals in relation to such distribution agreements. Some of the parties AT&T works with today include the traditional device and programmer players carried on or by AT&T video products, such as Roku, Amazon, AMC, Viacom, Disney, etc.
(2) Advertising technology strategy, including direction and benefits of advertising exchange and header bidding technologies for both digital display and video inventory.
(3) Sales and agency agreements linked to AT&T data and viewership products, and
(4) Strategy for data rights and restrictions within AT&T video distribution agreements
The Sr. Manager – Business Development, will help:
- Track, organize, and summarize via creating and maintaining deal summaries, organizing smartsheet tracking, and organizing shared folder/drive maintenance of AT&TV programmer, device, and digital advertising inventory rights, obligations, and restrictions, including: ad buy/must spend commitments, ad sales right and restrictions, Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) enablement, etc. Viewpoints include (1) existing AT&T video services programmer, device, and sales/agency related agreements, (2) ongoing negotiated changes within the same agreements, (3) milestone dates, including agreement expirations and any financial payments due to AT&T, and (4) overall resulting video content, digital, and device data and ad rights distribution rights, restrictions, and guidelines knowledge/best practices. Educate yourself and learn about industry standards and pertinent impactful advertising outcomes that are not adequately summarized or organized in aforementioned categories today. Create new and improve existing tracking against this first- hand knowledge base.
- Identify and close strategic improvements in AT&T Video product advertising rights (e.g. gap analysis on our advertising rights and capabilities against uses). Facilitate in preparation of materials documenting existing relations prior to programmer, device, and digital negotiations. Develop understanding of AT&T video advertising sales strategy and use of current digital ad exchange and technology relationship
- Drive standardization of understanding/description of AT&T video related and commercialized advertising product offerings that can be used in potential client conversations: what the offerings and/or capabilities consist of, standard pricing based on sound but reasonable commercial models, standardized contracting templates. Optimally include resulting Product opportunities in strategic discussions with programmer, device, and digital. Participate in pre negotiation preparation, including viability assessment of opportunities against specific parties
- Facilitate resulting Business Developments strategic advertising, sale or resale, and advertising exchange or bidding technology agreements and pertinent outcomes and milestones with Product, Business Analytics, Finance, Operations, etc. for any impacts from managed sales agreements. Specifically with AT&T Finance, work within company invoice process to develop invoices for any service fees owed to AT&T via programmer and device deals.
- Built from best practices and cross functional needs and requirements, further develop viewpoints and strategies on (1) digital ad exchange and technologies relationships, both digital display and video and (2) data and advertising rights and restrictions knowledge. Work in partnership with Product, Business Analytics, Operations, etc. for input, and document conclusions.
- Business process and compliance.
o Learn, understand, and educate the Business Development team on compliance and required processes to ensure a consistent and standardized approach and to drive improvements and efficiencies in revenue generating activities.
o Ensure WarnerMedia Policy and Process Compliance for all agreements and activities (ex. Schedule Of Authorizations)
o Evaluate the business operational support needs and recommend improvement opportunities and adjustments as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in business development
- 3+ years’ experience in media or advertising
- Experience with advertising technologies, such as demand side and sell side platforms and header bidding
- Proven track record of business and corporate development
- Strong attention to detail accompanied by proficient contracting/agreement skills
- Ability to form thoughtful and strategic decisions in the face of ambiguity, pressure, and risk
- Ability to succinctly and accurately summarize project status and associated revenue
- Project management and ability to define status and track progress, identifying requisite stakeholders for next steps
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into potential workflow trajectories
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Smartsheet
More about you:
Job ID 2130361X Date posted 06/11/2021
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.