Xandr is one of the largest Online Advertising Marketplace in the world that enables buyers and sellers to access and trade premium inventory in a transparent and streamlined environment. We receive 9 million requests per second that are auctioned in the blink of an eye, send 40 million requests per second to over 100 integration partners, and process 235K object updates per minute, resulting in 300GB/s of inbound and outbound network flow. Our platform has one of the world’s largest collections of digital, film and tv inventory and is engineered to provide one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled advertising system in the industry.
About our team:
Do you like solving internet scale challenges and building cutting-edge technology to solve them? The Demand Management team is responsible for taking digital ad inventory to wherever the buyers are and bring in their ad spend in realtime. Our mission is to build a suite of products and make Xandr the platform of choice for digital, TV and video publishers and make Xandr a must-buy global, digital, omni-channel marketplace for the world's largest marketers. This is a backend engineering role focused on a critically important area of investment for Xandr Tech. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency.
Our unique scale challenges (huge volumes of business objects, high number queries per second and vast amount of generated data) require our team to constantly optimize our platform for cost and business growth. We collaborate cross functionally with other teams both upstream and downstream to solve business challenges.
About your role:
As Software Engineer II, you will
- Collaborate with teams of smart and passionate engineers.
- Build new products on a massively distributed, low latency and realtime platform spanning multiple applications.
- Build high quality systems that are easy to maintain and operate.
- Work creatively with your product counterpart to revolutionize new products.
About your experience and skills:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience or MS degree and 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms and time/space complexity analysis.
- Experience using C, C++ or Java.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Preferred but not required. Experience building high performance distributed systems in Linux environment and experience analyzing and optimizing performance of realtime, ultra-low-level and low latency data processing engines.
More about you:
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching with the goal of empowering self and others.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.
- You view process as a means and not an end, preferring lean automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.