Xandr is a technology platform powering one of the largest global Advanced TV and Video advertising marketplaces in the industry. We scale our business as WarnerMedia people who independently build the Xandr platform and brand. For more than a decade, our data insights, premium content, powerful technology, and scaled direct-to-consumer distribution have given us a competitive edge — leading us to improving advertising for all brands, publishers, and consumers.
How do we do this? With talented, passionate people like you! We bring together people from diverse backgrounds and give them an opportunity to bring their ideas to life. Join our community to Make Advertising Better!
Xandr is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Creative team. Creatives (or digital ads) are the transactional unit of online advertising: they are what the user sees or hears (banner, video or audio ads in a browser or on a connected TV). Creative products are some of the most heavily used on our platform. We strive to design robust backend systems that gracefully scale with the increasing usage volume seen on our platform. You work will focus on systems to support automated creative audits. Each creative submitted to our platform is audited to maintain the quality of the ads served by the platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a small agile team with smart, passionate engineers to bring creative quality products from inception to production. We are looking for a candidate who will initially join an existing team and is looking forward to quickly leading a spin off team that will focus on the creative quality backend.
We strongly believe that collaboration enables better products, so you will work closely with members of the Creative Machine Learning Team, Product Managers, UX designers, and other engineers to design solutions for Creative backends in support of creative audit. As our applications continue to evolve, you will have a significant voice in deciding which best practices and tooling we adopt.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build backend solutions that address the needs of our customers
- Design backend processing systems that are scalable and robust and leverage best practice and open-source or commercial software, partnering with Product Managers, UX designers, and customers to collect requirements
- Lead design reviews and conduct code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
- Drive adoption of new paradigms and tooling to enhance our development process
- Participate in organization-wide discussions to share knowledge and best practices with the broader engineering community
- Mentor other engineers on designing robust architectures and implementing maintainable code
- Deliver well-tested, maintainable and robust code
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering building backend software components
- Strong knowledge of Python (3+), Java and Database management systems
- Strong knowledge using and designing REST APIs.
- Experience with our existing technology stack (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, docker, Kubernetes, VMs)
- Experience with designing data processing backend systems
- Experience with databases preferred: MySQL, Postgres, Vertica
- Experience planning and leading the design and implementation of backend systems that process data 24/7.
- Experience contributing to long-lived enterprise web applications
More About You
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products.
- You are excited about writing concise code with clean and simple interfaces.
- You are passionate about learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built.
- You care about solving problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Flexible time off including volunteer days, vacation, and holidays
- Professional development resources and education reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- AT&T internet/phone and HBOMax discounts
- 401k with company match
Xandr strives to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. Our inclusivity in action includes:
- Staying connected and embracing this new normal as we work from home - we may be social distancing but we're #InsideTogether
- Creating meaningful change for our communities and pathways for future generations of diverse talent through our employee volunteerism efforts
- Sharing insight and stories on what it’s really like to work here
- Partnering with organizations to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know and we’ll make arrangements
Xandr, its products and its executives have received several prestigious awards. In 2020 alone, Cablefax's annual The Faxies awards named Xandr’s EVP and GM Innovator of the Year and the Xandr technology organization Tech Team of the Year. In the same year, seven female executives were included in the Cynopsis list of Top Women in Media, and several of its products, innovations and client partnerships were recognized by esteemed outlets globally, including AdExchanger, Digiday, The Drum, ExchangeWire and Cynopsis. Concurrently, the company’s dedication to corporate social responsibility was recognized in Fast Company’s 2020 World Changing Ideas issue. Xandr was also included on Business Insider's Hottest AdTech Companies list in 2019 and 2018.
Xandr is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Job ID 2049514X Date posted 03/12/2021