At Xandr, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of log records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our real-time bidding engines and ad serving platform. Data volume has rocketed over the past year and is continuing to increase – we have petabytes of data on store at this very moment. This data is used to pace spend accurately, generate models for valuation and drive a plethora of optimization engines.
About the team:
Our engineering team builds technology that identifies and processes relevant data to match buyers and sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, engineers partner with our Data Science team - implementing, testing and deploying probability based heuristics and high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. We are an energizing community of engineers that is committed to building dependable products – the software and systems being built drive our real-time bidding business with a multitude of other core initiatives for Xandr.
About the job:
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our Platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions
- Lead and work closely with other engineers, data scientists and product teams to ensure that we are using the most effective algorithms for achieving client goals and that these algorithms will work at scale
- Work collaboratively with other engineering teams to ensure that our real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of production quality experience OR MS degree and 2+ years of production quality experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Strong object oriented programming experience in Java. Python would be a plus.
- Experience with SQL
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Background or interest in mathematics, analytics, statistics, probability or machine learning
Nice to have:
- Experience optimizing and debugging highly performant Java applications
- Experience developing and scaling RESTful web services
- Experience with Python
- Former work with column stores (Vertica) and NoSQL (Redis, Ignite)
- Former development with Map/Reduce and batch-processing such as Hadoop
- Experience with stream-based passed processing models, distributed streaming platforms like Kafka or control theory
- Experience thinking critically about complicated algorithms and analyzing datasets using Python Pandas
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.