Xandr is dedicated to powering the advertising that powers the Internet. Engineering is at the core of what we do at Xandr. Our Software Engineers play a pivotal role in developing, improving, and scaling our platform while sticking to high quality standards and 24/7/365 uptime requirements. Our software is complex and massively scaled, lending itself to the most exciting and challenging technical problems. We are committed to driving change across the industry. We are empowered to experiment, build, fail fast, think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations. The culture is a fast-paced with rapidly evolving requirements that match the industry it supports. This position requires an experienced individual with a passion for learning that can adapt quickly, communicate well, and enjoys working in a diverse team.
About the team
We are a passionate group building the Yield Analytics product, our industry-leading Forecasting and Inventory Management platform. Our customers include marquee names in the digital media industry. We develop the systems, applications, and products that transform our customers’ data into actionable insights that run their business. Data analysis and forecasting are our prime focus areas. We process, inspect, and analyze billions of ad events nightly to provide unparalleled forecasting to our clients. The team primarily uses Java to build applications that span big data, web services, complicated workflows, and API based services.
We build the systems that drive a complex and fast-moving market. The forecasting systems are a necessary and integral component of the future of Xandr’s offering. We are in a unique position to make an impact on both the digital and television advertising spaces. We transform the data from addressable TV, Digital TV, Linear TV, Digital Video, and internet publishers into forecasts of inventory and audience interaction to create actionable insights for the buying and selling of advertising.
About the role
The role will put you in the position to impact the convergence of television and web-based advertising that will power the consumption of media in the future. We strongly believe that collaboration enables better products, so you will work closely with Product Managers and other engineers to design solutions. Our goal is to provide a setting where you can learn, be creative and feel empowered to do your best.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
- Write high-performance code that is well-tested, maintainable and robust
- Own mission critical applications, services and infrastructure
- Operate as a technical leader and mentor other engineers on best designing and coding practices
- Improve the security, reliability, and resiliency of the platform
- Participate in production support and troubleshooting
- Work in an Agile environment with daily standups and other related ceremonies
- Evaluate, recommend, and manage new technologies and processes that enhance the platform
About your skills
- 5+ years of experience building software professionally
- Strong experience in Java
- Ability to design, implement, and display ownership of systems
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to understand business needs and translate them into actionable projects
- Experience contributing high-quality code to large codebases
- Experience working with big data technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with service architecture and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience leading projects of substantial technical complexity
- Passion for learning and building solutions to difficult problems
- Ability to quickly respond to feedback and course correct, with evidence of this behavior in previous accomplishments
Nice to have skills
- Experience in integrating with third party data and APIs
- Experience in performing data analysis and validation using Jupyter Notebooks in PySpark and/or Scala
- Experience with containerization e.g., AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge of persistence layers such as Vertica, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience in designing and implementing web-scale distributed systems
- Domain expertise in the advanced TV and/or web yield management
More about you
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.