You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
- Own core components of data ingestion and integration processing that intakes ~40 billon events per hour with data volume in excess of 6TB per hour
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our data platform to advance component architecture towards strategic data governance/management objectives
- Collaborate with high frequency/low latency design experts to perform in-depth analysis and optimization of data pipeline components; ensure smooth execution within strict time and resource limitations
- Work closely with product stakeholders and users to understand data and reporting requirements
- Prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time and reliability of systems
- Serve as a mentor and guide for other team members
About your skills and experience
- BA/BS/MS degree and 7+ years of experience (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Progressive experience in software engineering and design, writing performant code, optimizing performance, and test automation
- Experience with Big Data and distributed systems using technologies such as Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Python, Java and Scala
- Advanced experience designing petabyte-scale distributed frameworks and architecture
- Demonstrated track record of working with large scale data deployments and/or high frequency/low latency projects
- Familiar with Enterprise Data Management and Governance practices; Data Architecture methodologies are a plus
- Solid cross-functional collaboration skills, with experience in product, people and stakeholder management
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.