Welcome to AT&T command central. As part of our Corporate team, you’ll be at the heart of everything we touch – including industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. Partnering up with thought leaders and amazing innovators in business units across the company, you’ll be amazed by what we can do. We’re connecting the world – and it all starts here.
DescriptionXandr acts as a financial clearinghouse for digital advertisers. For the over 1,000 partners we work with, the Finance Operations team invoices the buyers of digital advertising and remits payments to the sellers, among other critical functions. We are looking for a talented, intellectually curious, and ambitious team player to assist in all the calculations and record keeping related to payments to our sellers. The ideal person is detail-oriented, well versed in Excel, and quick to learn new processes. Prior experience in accounting/finance is preferred, but not required. You must be able to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The position reports to the Manager, Client Finance.
About the team:
Finance Operations is part of the broader Finance team at Xandr, which is responsible for all transactions processed from customer invoices to payroll to vendor payments. The Finance team prepares Financial Statements and includes the Treasury and Tax functions. Our challenge is to provide robust, scalable solutions supporting a rapidly changing and fast-growing business. We partner with all aspects of the Company from Sales to Legal as well as management at all levels. Finance has a role in all major projects that the company undertakes. Our team has a variety of educational and professional experiences; we’re looking for people who will add a unique perspective and value to our high-impact work.
About the job:
• Support the execution of Xandr’s billing and seller payment processes, prepare disbursement files and reconcile Third-Party invoices
• Offset buyer and seller activity for designated accounts and prepare and distribute client invoices and statements
• Ensure accuracy of customer data in our General Ledger, prepare journal entries and support manual billing processes
• Record disbursement returns, credits, and debits during the month
• Perform allocations during month end (e.g. apply payments to accruals) and reconcile disbursement files to actual disbursements issued
• Calculate any custom fee arrangements, reconcile general ledger accounts and compile and input data for monthly reporting
• Perform user acceptance testing for system improvements
• Assist in internal audits and ad hoc projects
Qualifications• 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience required, Accounting or Finance experience preferred
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
• Organized, adaptable team player who can also work to solve problems independently
• Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, sumif statements) and proficiency in MS Office required
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience in the Technology and/or Advertising Industry is a plus, especially Ad Tech
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.