Xandr is looking for Platform Support Engineer to join our team. We are working on a cutting-edge Advertising reporting & analytics platform built on Snowflake + Looker. This role will focus on business support and production operations of our ETL (Extract Transfer Load) and BI ( Business Intelligence) deployments.
This role is ideal for a candidate who has a keen interest in operations and support of BI enablement outputs (reports, visualization, data feeds) for Media & Advertising Sales and Operations Customers. The outputs and data sets which are used for campaign planning & post-campaign reporting, which include campaign data, audience data and impression data across multiple data sources.
Our Media Business supports a lot of products, run on multiple systems and platforms, providing multiple formats and feeds that get blended and standardized to make up our core data structures. The ability to be able to distinguish and weave through the intricacies when troubleshooting or helping the business do analysis when issues and questions are raised is key, as well as to proactively come up with monitoring and trending of issues.
- Provide Operations Support to vendor integrations and business processes relating to data and reporting
- Be a liaison between business partners and application solution providers including third-party vendor partners
- Support remedy of issues found within data sets including identifying issues, solutions and coordinating for resolution
- Administration, Monitoring and Fulfillment of Tier 2 Incident and Request Management System e.g. JIRA Tickets (Reported Incidents/Tickets, Change/Enhancement Requests, Tasks, Investigations )
Production Engineering Operations
- Production Support for daily automated and server processes loading data and transformation processes (ETL/ELT) producing the reports and analysis
- Perform adhoc data loads and reporting functions for breakfixes
- Debug, troubleshoot and revise scripts to provide hotfix on prod data issues discovered
- Enforce due diligence of deployments to ensure a controlled and governed Production Release
- Proactively review, streamline and suggest improvements to our current processes and documentation
- Triaging all data-based inquiries across ETL & BI and other applications with data integrated with these systems as appropriate
- Setup and Maintain Engineering Operations Manual and Automated Process, including Wiki – which is our central collaboration platform within and outside of team
Production Release and Change Control
- Review and enforce Proper Change Control Process and Production Migration standards during Production Release Process
- Support and enforce with Dev Team the separation of Dev and Prod responsibilities
- Schedule and Execute Production Release Process
- Participate in Scrum calls as well as sprint planning sessions to support development efforts
- Establish a good working rapport with System Analysts, Architects, System Engineers/Developers, Quality Assurance/Testers
- Use JIRA to plan, monitor and track work. Experience in Agile is required and familiarity in using tools (JIRA) would be a plus.
- Provide training on related data models/reports to power business users as needed
- Advanced Skills in a Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools ( 5+ years )
- Advanced skills and experience in SQL & stored procedures ( 5+ years )
- Experience or Previous Role working resolutions with Vendors, Business or Non-Technical Team
- Experience in ETL and Workflow tools (such as Control M, Apache AirFlow … ) (2+ years)
- Solid Understanding of Database Architecture, Datawarehouse and Reporting concepts
- Solid experience in a scripting or interpreted programming language ( Unix Shell, Python ) (2+ years)
- Some experience working in Cloud Based development/deployment platform (e.g S3 and EC2 in AWS) (1+ year – relatively new )
- Experience in coding ( In School: Degree in Computer Science or At Work: 2 Years Developer)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Plus(es)/Nice to Have
- Experience with Snowflake (ETL) & Looker (BI) tools
- Experience in Media & Telecom
- Experience working with Cloud based environment
- Some knowledge of Source Countrol (Github) and CI\CD pipelines (preferably Jenkins)
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.