About the role:
Technical Product Marketing is responsible for customer and market insights to drive product messaging and positioning, go-to-market strategies, while influencing demand generation campaigns to drive product growth. This Director of Product Marketing role partners closely with product, sales, design, content, and analytics. You will be familiar with the customer lifecycle from acquisition to expansion to shape product interest, evaluation, purchase, and growth. Key programs include supporting launches, partnering with product to execute growth programs with integrated campaigns, sales enablement, as well as collaborating with other company teams.
This strategic and B2B-focused Director must be extremely collaborative, have a metrics-driven mindset, a high bar for quality, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic product marketing leader to work with great people and support aggressive business growth.
As a technical product marketing manager, you will:
- Learn and distribute knowledge to Product and Marketing teams about the tech ecosystem - with a focus on backend database systems
- Understand existing data integration technologies
- Translate complex ideas & strategies into customer-facing collateral including data sheets, pitch decks, blogs, setup documentation, and more
- Develop & repurpose thought leadership stories to support our partner team & other Marketing leads
- Organize, facilitate, and maintain market, customer, competitor and segment research. Develop materials and trainings based on findings
- Support Product Marketing Team with additional projects, product launches, research initiatives, and collateral updates and maintenance
- Partner with our Global Marketing team on growth campaigns associated with webinars, events, websites, and emails
- Ensure marketability of new product development
- Align level of effort / investment with level of leverage
- Lead pilot and proof of concept testing
- Ensure coordination/orchestration across AT&T
- Integrate go-to-market execution plans into existing BU roadmaps (or launches products within novel channels)
What you bring to the table:
- SAP Experience. Have a strong base understanding of SAP products, core customer and company buyer + user profiles, pricing (from product to services to support), core partnerships, and certifications.
- Enterprise marketing experience. You are familiar with the complex buying needs of Enterprise customers, including understanding organizational layout and role-based messaging.
- Experience working with Sales teams: Whether it’s been enabling teams, crafting messaging for sales pitches, or being a former member of a sales team, it’s important that we understand how to best support Marketing.
- In-person, virtual, and written communication prowess. You will be working with users, product managers, sales and marketing across the world. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to reach and engage your audience regardless of medium. You excel at verbal and written communication, knowing how to repurpose marketing material into different mediums while ensuring consistency in messaging & value proposition.
- Highly-organized with a project management track record. You’ll be coordinating projects and work streams across many different teams, responsible for collecting and maintaining customer materials and research. You will help us up level not only the quality of work we produce but the amount and accessibility of it.
- Data Industry experience. You are either versed in all things data, having formerly been an analyst, or a major industry that is a heavy user of data & insights—think marketing, finance, customer support, or sales.
- Cloud experience. You’re familiar with data tools, either in data integration or data warehousing, from Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working with commercial B2B SaaS applications
- 7-10+ years’ experience in a product marketing role preferably in the high-tech industry
- Experience in launching new high tech products and communicating benefits
- Demonstrated history of managing complex projects and executing on marketing plans
- Experience in conducting market analysis, developing market messaging, and communicating benefits
- Domain expertise in the contact center industry either first hand or through a successful tenure at a contact center software company
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience; MBA a plus