We are looking for a hands-on Director of Engineering Quality to mature all quality tools, processes and practices across Xandr’s products and platforms. You will manage a talented team to deliver on all aspects of software quality improvements including automation frameworks, test strategies, policy creation and introduction of new ways to help us go faster with greater confidence. You will practice agile methodologies to quickly deliver working solutions to our software engineers, product and customer success teams. You will drive a culture of continuous iteration on our quality solutions and processes so we can improve over time.
As the Director of Engineering Quality, you will collaborate with colleagues across titles and business units to design and build new features and maintain existing ones by fixing defects and refactoring old code. Your direction will help us build secure, scalable, and maintainable software. In this role, you will be expected to lead large projects of substantial technical complexity, quickly orient and become expert in technology and feature domains over time and apply your knowledge to mentor others. Your scope of responsibility will include collaboration with product owners and stakeholders to translate high level business needs into effective designs and implemented solutions. You will effectively drive towards solutions in the face of challenges. You will develop a sense of ownership over the systems you build and maintain.
As the Director of Engineering Quality, you will:
- Lead quality engineering and testing efforts to deliver high quality Cloud Platform and Infrastructure products that host critical applications Xandr.
- Cultivate an environment that enables agility and development of high-quality automation tools
- Deliver high-quality products consistently to meet Quality, Security, Availability and Resiliency KPIs that match the standards Xandr.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, Solutions, Ops, Application, and Business leaders to deliver platforms and tools to modernize applications
- Influence product roadmaps and release decisions making by applying importance, risk and quality metrics
- Provide direction to the QE Engineering team and guide them on tools, processes, and best practices
- Ensure Agile practices and high-quality delivery of Cloud Platform/Products Work closely with the QE Engineers to build test cases, test automation, and test infrastructure.
- Perform quality analysis of engineering artifacts and testing artifacts
- Build out a Bangalore-based engineering team
- Plan and estimate effort, resources and reporting to support projects and enhancements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third parties, including quality assurance peers and networks to identify and exploit opportunities to drive better value for the shared services
- Providing strategic quality assurance direction, coaching and mentoring with a hands-on, energetic leadership style in support of cross-functional technical and business resources
- Prepare and deliver quality assurance reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, end to end and acceptance testing methods
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering Management or Quality Engineering of highly available enterprise grade software and platform applications
- 5+ years of experience in developing and using QE tools (Example: Selenium, testNg, Pytest, automation using python, java, groovy, etc.) to deliver data center/infrastructure management applications or Cloud platform (PaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Passion and drive for quality of Software and Infrastructure products
- Excellent understanding of QE process, automations tools, and test infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST based services
- Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Agile principles and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related science discipline or relevant experience
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Cloud Native applications.
- Ad tech industry or equivalent work in highly secured, scalable, and available application environments.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.