Field Technician Jobs
Take your career on the road. Be a part of our Technician team where you’ll get out from behind the desk and deliver the latest technology, tools and devices directly to millions of people. From high-speed internet and voice services to our award-winning U-verse and DIRECTV, you’ll connect our customers to everything we have to offer. So take your career (and your tool-belt) into your own hands – there’s a network of opportunity that’s ready for you to plug into.
- Cover the entire lifecycle of an employee including the set up and configuration of laptops for new hires
- Manage of their ongoing trouble tickets, through any eventual termination
- Brief new hires on how to use key systems and how to reach out for your team’s help in the future
- Provide first line support for hardware and software problems and requests, including networking and printer issues.
- Deactivate departing employees’ user accounts in a timely manner, maintain an inventory of equipment out in the field, and keep track of equipment that needs to be replaced or re-provisioned
- Opportunities for growth at AppNexus happen organically. We work closely with our infrastructure team, so you may also participate in the maintenance of our office infrastructure including switches, firewalls and other equipment.
- This role is situated in our New York City office, where you will be a member of the Service Desk team acting as first line of support and contact for U.S based employees
- Self-motivated individual with strong people skills and a knack for problem solving
- Willingness to make visits to our offices around the U.S.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows machines in a professional office environment
- Functioning knowledge of Apple MacOS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic Microsoft Exchange administration (including PowerShell), Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, and/or SAMBA
- Knowledge of both Apple and PC hardware
- Experience with printers, wireless access point, network switch, and VOIP/PBX hardware and configuration
- Proven ability to utilize systems, tools, and procedures to accomplish a task
- Process-oriented and with the ability to follow procedures
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs (monitors, workstations, servers, etc.)
- JAMF or KACE experience is a plus
- Experience working and supporting remotely is a plus
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.