Xandr operates one of the largest Online Advertising Marketplaces in the world. We receive 9 million requests per second that are auctioned in the blink of an eye, send 40 million requests per second to over 100 integration partners, and process 235K object updates per minute, resulting in 300GB/s of inbound and outbound network flow. The Platform Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring that our systems are running as efficiently and robustly as possible. At our scale, even the small improvements can result in significant impact to reducing our costs and enhancing the service to our customers.
The Data Delivery Platform Team enables the production and consumption of data through our various distributed systems. We support this delivery of 100s of terabytes of data produced daily using well known big-data tools including Vertica, MemSQL, PowerBI, Looker, Presto, and Snowflake. As well support various parts of our Hadoop ecosystem and home-grown processing and delivery tools. We take pride in managing this engineering and complexity at - scale while providing safe access to quality data.
The Data Delivery Platform Team is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals. You will have the opportunity to help us design and build out new platform capabilities and features; work with data sets from our various front end systems including DirectTV, AT&T TV, the digital advertising firehose, and other large, real-world data sets; mentor and teach other Engineers, lead projects, and ultimately even take on a leadership role within the group. The role includes Application Development, Big Data Engineering, and the ability to think about our products. While the job would likely not include all of these, examples of current development include but are not limited to:
• Design and build-out components of our Data Publishing Tools that enable internal and external clients to explore and query data across our systems independently
• Create and coalesce our tools to give Product Engineering a service-oriented way to build and publish views in a well govern the scale way without increasing costs
• Work with databases including MemSQL, Vertica, and Snowflake to provide excellent query latency and data freshness for different use cases
• Deepen our integration and support of BI tools like PowerBI; enabling various internal teams to perform better
• Help us leverage Cloud Services and support Database Solutions such as MemSQL Helios, Vertica Eon, and Snowflake, to improve functionality and scalability
Skills & Experience:
• 7+ years of Software Development experience on Production Systems
working with analytical data sets of at least 10 TB, OLAP paradigm, and OLAP databases such as Vertica or Snowflake
• Ability to design solutions that span multiple systems, including multiple simultaneous different applications and databases
• Ability to own and iterate on work independently with targeted feedback and advice as needed, including working from problem definitions to shape work strategy and proven ability to execute on project timelines and deliverables
• Strong SQL skills with the ability write SQL Aggregation Queries at a high-level
• Strong experience with and knowledge of object-oriented coding, primarily Java or other low-level and/or back-end programming languages
• Some recent Java experience is required
• Strong experience writing well-tested code, deploying code safely, and working in a team with coding standards, including unit testing, functional testing of applications, working with build systems such as Jenkins, Code Review, Design Review, etc.
• Ability to work with stakeholders, including Product Teams and other Engineers, to understand business needs
Nice to Have:
• Ability to leverage other Engineers in projects, mentor them, or even lead them, a major plus
• Experience with BI tooling
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.