AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T has an opening to fill a Network Support Technician (NST) position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the Systems Engineer I will support Information Technology Field Operations (ITFO) in New Orleans, LA
The NST provide Tier 2 support for integrated hardware and software; local infrastructure deployment services; respond to end user request; provide VTC and remote support.
The NST reports to an Area Technical Lead and provides support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity and end-users in a Service Desk supported Tier II environment. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently and/or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Provide LAN administrator support with the installation, configuration and maintenance of network communication devices, servers, network storage arrays and tape backup units.
- Provide support of network attached devices such as computers, printers, fax machines, biometric devices, electrocardiograms, x-ray machines, smart display, and sensors
- Provide support of mobile and wireless devices to include smartphones, tablets and hotspots
- Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server configurations and related security patches
- Assist in maintaining and checking the health of systems and backups to include restore testing
- Monitors ITSM (ServiceNow) assignment groups and applies troubleshooting needed to resolve tickets
- Update tickets following documentation templates and/or guidelines to ensure quality requirements are met
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly activity reports describing activities accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide inventory support and input to the provided inventory system for the customer
- Responsible for installing and maintaining VTC infrastructure to include assisting with user requests
- Participate in pre-scheduled after-hours support of weekly on-call rotation and/or as a team member supporting special projects or events
- Conduct or provide new equipment deployments and/or requested deployment support
- Provide cabling support and run cables within data centers, LAN rooms and remote wiring closets
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met
- Provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists
Public Trust (#publictrust)
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ of IT-related support experience, preferably in a helpdesk or customer support role
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve desktop, network, or other IT issues
- General knowledge network products and systems
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment
- Good technical writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Must have excellent team skills and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Records check as this position is classified as a “Regular Driver” and overnight travel may be required. (Actual travel percentage varies based upon location but is typically less than 20%)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and pass the DHS Employment Eligibility Verification process
- Must be comfortable working in a Law Enforcement environment which may consist of locations similar to detention facilities, prisons, or jails.
- Prior experience of IT support in an Enterprise environment (10,000+ end-users)
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience evaluating system performance results and recommending improvements or optimizations.
- Experience performing IT hardware repairs and installing replacement parts
- Experience planning and leading technology assignments and projects.
- Prior hands-on experience with the setup, configuration and administration of servers and backups.
- Experience functioning as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- ITIL v4, MCSE, A+, Security+, Network+, or other relevant certifications.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2247472 Date posted 10/27/2022