You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T- is more than entertainment – we are a technology company. Our Northeast Uplink Facility Technical Services Department is seeking an Associate-Technical Services to work at the uplink facility located in New Hampton, NH
Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the core competencies of our technicians. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center to identify problems in specific markets/channels and restore the broadcast. Our customer satisfaction relies on keeping programming on-air and this can’t be done without you.
Our environment offers the best of both worlds – we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. This responsibility includes DirecTV’s Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 Broadcast transmissions streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form
- Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Develop a base knowledge of site facility systems and assist with emergency building system repairs as needed.
- All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone, participate in a cyclic on-call rotation, and must reside less than 45 minute drive time from the main uplink facility.
- The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
- Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression systems.
- Previous experience with VMWare, V-Sphere, v-Center Virtualized environments or willingness to learn.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.