You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
- Managing a group of distributed systems & web services engineers for bidder platform
- Building, maintaining and executing a 6-month roadmap of projects for the team
- Primary stakeholders: Other engineering teams, capacity planning teams
- Ensuring computing resources are being used in a manner that allows for maximum business growth
- Hardware capacity planning for a large distributed system (bidder) costing us ~$2+ Million per year
- Partner with the capacity planning team to generate long-term hardware forecasts, taking into account future business growth
- Espouse and adopt engineering practices that optimize for time-to-production, reliability and minimizing bugs
- Making architectural changes to our distributed systems & web services to be more bug resistant and allow for contributions from a large group of engineers from several other teams.
- Migration of applications to kubernetes and possibly to external clouds
- Empower engineers to help themselves by building dashboards/metrics for our applications
- Languages/technologies: C, php, Golang, kubernetes, Linux, Kafka
- Help grow the Montreal office in 2019 and beyond (including possibly starting a campus hiring/intern program in 2020)
- Provide technical and people mentorship to mix of individual contributors and other team leads that focus on web services & distributed systems
- Build an inclusive, engaging team culture
- Impact beyond immediate team
- Encourage learning & development within the larger AppNexus community (especially within the still-small Montreal office)
- Understand client concerns (from both the buy side and sell side parts of the company) and optimize our applications for their needs (for example, being able to remove limits on their object growth imposed on them by hardware limitations
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.