Our Technicians keep millions of people connected to the wide range of services we have to offer. If you’re tech savvy, a great problem solver and love helping customers – take your career on the road with us.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Technician at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Personable 8
- Helpful 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Adaptable 9
- Tech savvy 7
1) Identifies, isolates and repairs various types of trouble using a variety of tests. Coordinates trouble clearing with the appropriate personnel, work groups or outside companies.
2) Locates trouble by inspecting and testing troubles and analyzing test data. May be required to use sophisticated electronic test equipment to isolate trouble as well as the ability to distinguish between colors and see colors
3) Clears trouble by cleaning, adjusting or replacing equipment; repairs faulty wiring as needed.
4) Uses high precision measuring devices and meters that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
5) May perform corrective/maintenance and review computer printouts for problems to troubleshoot operational and date problems.
6) Monitors data associated transmission equipment copper facilities for network performance.
7) Keeps detailed record of nature of work and action taken.
8) Provision inter-office facilities.
9) Could be sent to work in offices other than regular assigned office which may require driving Company vehicle between locations.
10) Installs, rearranges, removes equipment.
11) Inputs and verifies routing translations and charging translations for switches (1A, DMS100/200, 5ESS, 4ESS, SS7) including E911.
12) Inputs and verifies complex customer translations for services such as Centrex, DID trunks, Super Trunks, Switch 56, PRI as indicated by service order.
13) Accesses available technical references such as Standard Practice schematic drawing and circuit descriptions and interprets circuit layout records, transmissions designs, equipment drawings, etc.
14) Coordinates plug-ins, including unpacking, tracking, shipping and storage.
15) May track T-Carrier/Hi-Cap Systems/Pair Gain troubles and associated reports for trends and results.
16) May install and maintain Hi-Cap service with short time frames. Inter Office Facilities, T-Carrier and Fiber Optic Systems.
17) Maintains Network Terminal Equipment (NTE) and performs the
maintenance and provisioning associated with NTE for message trunks and special services circuits.
18) May test, maintain or repair transmission equipment such as carrier (Channel Bank), Digital Access Cross-Connect System (DACS), Metallic Facility Terminal (MTF), terminal and signaling equipment, bridges, equalizers and
19) Processes Special Service Orders (SSO's), Trunk Facility Orders (TFO's) and WORD documents.
20) May work with analog and digital power equipment.
21) Works with several mechanized systems and switch types, each requiring different transactions and input formats.
22) Enters recent change information manually or through a mechanized system into the switch.
23) Interfaces with various support systems through a single systems access, windowing computer system (i.e., COSMOS, TIRKS, AMOS, SORD, APTOS, MARCH) as well as participates in coordination meetings to ensure customer request is met.
24) May handle a high volume of various activity and will be expected to meet due dates and commitment to customer.
25) Uses various computer systems for data entry collections, analysis and verification of assignments.
26) Clarifies and resolves any issues resulting from incomplete or inaccurate service requests or customer service affecting discrepancies. Determines what action to take to resolve the discrepancy by verifying various computer systems and the switch. May initiate or receive request from contacts.
27) Participates meeting group/department objectives.
28) Coordinate the input of certain service orders into the switch by responding to requests from various work groups.
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited period with the definite understanding that their employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years
Date posted 03/04/2021
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
How to prepare for your assessment
Our goal is to set you up for success at AT&T.
That's why we’re providing you with the information you need to prepare for the entire application process. When you’re getting ready, it’s a good idea to find a quiet place, get in the zone and answer as honestly as possible. And to prevent any errors from happening, make sure you are doing so on a computer and not a mobile device.
The job is rewarding with great pay, benefits and the ability to meet the needs of customers with excellent service. Each day is a new adventure. You meet new customers, explore different cities, and challenge yourself everyday. You get to work on your own, but if needed, you've got reliable support in your group of peers and management team.
Everyday is different. Everyday is a new challenge. You will learn something new everyday, so don't expect to get the job figured out in the first few months.Current Employee – Wire Technician
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.