Customer Service Representative - Priority Hiring
We’re giving you a clear connection to new opportunities. Inside one of our Call Centers, you’ll help customers find solutions for the products and services they love – all while sharing what’s new and next in tech. Along the way, you’ll see what’s possible for your career with a global industry leader.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to work flexible
hours including evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Have a high school diploma
or have earned your GED
- Have at least one year of
- Be familiar with Windows
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative?
- Clear and effective communication
- Positive attitude
- Adaptability - every call is different
- Calm under pressure
Start here. Go anywhere.
A role with us opens to endless possibilities for your career. See what we mean below:
A day in the life
It’s your job to connect people to the solutions they need.
Help customers with billing issues, troubleshooting, payment plans and upgrades.
Along the way, you’ll channel your passion for tech to build customer relationships and set them up with new products.
Customer Service Representative - Priority Hiring
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Paycheck: Customer Service Representatives make between $14.86 to $16.20 per hour (depending on experience and education), that’s up to $33,696.00 per year to start with increases every 6 months of active service up to $38,350.00!
• Add a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, and work/life resources
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Plus, a 50% off your AT&T wireless service and discounts on other AT&T products and services
• Career possibilities are limitless with AT&T. You will have the chance to round out your experience with training on the latest technology, devices, and our
Paid Training (7 weeks):
Classroom training- 4 weeks (M-F, 12PM - 8:45PM)
3 weeks on the job training (Sun - Thurs OR Tues - Sat- 12:15PM - 9PM)
Answers inbound call from customers with billing issues, technical issues or general questions regarding service. Assists customers questions and concerns on all products and services offered by the Company through research and resolution using various tools and systems. Handles telephone customer contacts. Coordinates with all sales channels for retention efforts on existing customer base. May sell all products and services offered by the Company. May help collect past due balances or take payments from customers who have been disconnected. Processes credit applications and activates service. Maintains appropriate records, prepares required reports, and updates customer accounts. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
• Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
• Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.
• Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions.
• Make recommendations according to customer’s needs.
• Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services.
• Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines.
• May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
• Solid problem-solving skills for the purpose of determining and solving customer billing issues
• Strong verbal skills and phone skills for the purpose of gathering data for problem-solving and for communicating results to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
• Perform over the counter exchanges of customer defective equipment.
• Ensure work area is maintained in a clean and professional environment; i.e. brochure stocks, promotions display and work station.
• Employee may be required to sit for long periods of time on the phone while using computers.
• 6 months to 1 year of customer service/sales experience preferred
Applicants will be expected to pass any assessments or tests associated with the position.
Study Guide for pre-employment screening (click the link below to open the study guide)
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Occasional overtime may be required.
• Classroom training.
• On-the-job training.
Date posted 09/10/2019
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- If you don’t pass on your first attempt, you’ll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Completing your assessment
Want an idea of what will be on the assessment? You can prepare by taking a look at our study guides:
I loved working at AT&T
Great people, great pay, great advancements, great work environment. I can't say anything bad about the company but I wish I had never left. My family moved to another state.
None. No Cons. None I can think of. I have worked in Georgia and Florida at At&t call center and the energy and excited may be a bit much for some. I love it.Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.