In AT&T Labs, we are helping to build the communications networks of the future by creating and driving industry leading innovations and by tackling some of the world’s biggest and richest datasets. We create and drive cutting edge technologies that support AT&T’s advanced networks, ranging from the planning and design of 5G and fiber networks, through to operations intelligence, optimization and automation and value added network services. The challenges that we address inspire exciting technical opportunities in optimization, orchestration, AI, machine learning, data science, network and cloud systems, and network services.
AT&T Labs’ Network Analytics and Automation is looking for passionate and talented technical leaders to join our team. We are looking for unique and exceptional individuals who have a passion to create and drive new and innovative solutions into our business. Our employees are expected to think big, and to research, explore, rapidly prototype and deliver on new ideas and solutions to challenging real-world problems. They are independent thinkers able to lead and drive novel ideas from concept to operational reality. Successful candidates will work closely with fellow employees and directly with business unit leaders to impact AT&T’s network and services.
Outstanding graduate level candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in network technologies, a collaborative spirit, strong communication skills, hands-on data analytics experience, and solid software expertise. Access to real-world systems and data, the ability to work with internal and external collaborators, and the intent of making a big impact by developing solutions that will be used by tens of millions of consumers, and the largest corporations in the world, are some of the reasons AT&T Labs is an exciting place to work.
We encourage applications from candidates with experience and strong interest in any of these areas:
• 5G and Next Generation Access Network Technologies and Systems
• Network Planning, Optimization, AI and Automation
• Data Science and AI Systems
Qualifications - External
- Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university with 4 years of experience, or a master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, or a bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in a relevant technical field, including but not exclusive to: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Established aptitude for applied research, software prototyping, data science, AI and software systems as demonstrated through software platforms, new algorithms, open-source contributions, internship experience, publication or/and patents.
- Accomplished programmer with software expertise with a language primarily relevant to the field (e.g. R, Python, C/C++, and Java)
- 3+ years of C/C++ , CUDA or embedded development
- 1+ years of AI/ML development, including training and debugging Deep Convolution Network, Transformers, Reinforcement Learning
- Expertise in 3D modeling and computer graphics concepts
- ETL (extract, transform, load) data pipelines is a plus
- Your curriculum vitae, including your complete academic and professional histories and your publication record.
- At least three (3) and up to five (5) references.
- A statement (up to 2000 words) describing your current technical specialty and your vision for your future work. Feel free to supply any other information helpful in assessing your application.
- Work locations will depend on position offered but can be Bedminster, NJ; Middletown, NJ; Plano, TX; or San Ramon, CA. Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a Work Statement and 3-5 references.
Our Principal Member of Technical Staffs earn between $144,000-$289,000 Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
• 401(k) plan
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Caregiver Leave
• Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
• Adoption Reimbursement
• Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
• Extensive employee wellness programs
• Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join #LifeAtATT? Apply today!
Job ID 2327498 Date posted 09/18/2023