For the DIA Directorate of Science and Technology (DS&T), the Advanced Technology Integration Program (ATIP) provides IT managed services for Special Access Program (SAP) systems supporting activities to enable DIA's sensitive technical collection.
AT&T has an opening for a Software Engineer for the ATIP systems in providing managed IT support of SAP-IT systems for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs and develop and field advanced technical collection capabilities and systems that leverage emerging methods, phenomenologies, and technologies.
- Responsible for developing web-based applications that support collaboration efforts across the Agency.
- Full stack web developer, with experience doing front-end and back-end development.
- Develop scripts and applications for application management on legacy environment.
- Demonstrated experience with PHP scripting language.
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Ability to design, develop, test, integrate, deploy, and support/maintain scalable web pages and web services utilizing Java.
Mandatory Security Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Demonstrated experience developing in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with MySQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Experience with Node.js (or other front-end frameworks)
- Experience with Model, View, Controller (MVC) architecture
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, small team environment.
Experience with AWS cloud-based deployments is a plus.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.