Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Tier 3 Operations and Maintenance Engineer -To support the 24 x 7 Network Operations Center in providing telephony operations and equipment expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain a variety of telephony and related equipment including telephone switches, remote switching modules, VOIP systems, and trunk interfaces.
- Provide customer with capabilities design services and make recommendations as to new equipment, upgrades, and capabilities to be incorporated into the existing network.
- Employ in-depth knowledge of telephone switching and network technologies and hardware including VOIP.
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Required Qualifications/Certifications: Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Familiarity with leading telephony equipment vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, and DSG.
- One of the following certifications is required: Avaya, VOIP, STU/STE, Call Managers, ACD, Tempest Repair
- End user equipment familiarity is also required.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.