Our National Security team supports elements of the US Government responsible for informing and defending our nation – globally. As a partner on the SERENA contract, we provide leadership and professional services in telephony lifecycle services for a national security client.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Project Engineer to support a US Govt. customer in the Northern VA area in providing programmatic operations and oversight to a critical professional services contract.
- Develop design packages for voice designs for customer enterprise voice networks including VoIP and traditional telephony components.
- Display Design and Hands on knowledge of Avaya Communication Manager, Session Manager, System Manager
- Display Design and Hands on knowledge of Cisco Call Manager
- Display Detailed understanding of the principles of Voice over IP
- Display Detailed understanding of both H.323 and SIP VoIP protocols
- Display Detailed understanding of traditional telephony concepts
- Available for higher tiered troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) and Cisco routers/switches
Top Secret (TS) SCI w/Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent technical certification/education, 10+ Years of Experience, direct experience providing engineering support of technology programs to include Avaya and/or Cisco telephony platforms.
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills, customer engagement and organization skills are a must.
Professional level certifications with Telephony vendors, ITIL certification(s)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.