What makes Europe one of our most important regions? It’s our presence in nearly every country, the AT&T Foundry in Israel and significant tech expertise in the UK, Czech Republic and Slovakia. But that’s not all. Our 5,000+ employees deliver a range of advanced solutions to multinational companies across the region and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Working within an ITIL based service management framework to manage the network services component.
• Expected to take ownership of network related faults/tickets, assist other technology teams to troubleshoot issues and document any resolution.
• Reporting to Network Client Capability leader and interface with service delivery manager to ensure the appropriate focus is in place to deliver the service.
• Proactive network management.
• Identify and promote technical best practices.
• Represent networks in change board.
Network Monitoring (
• Incident Management, escalation and be the primary point of contact for all LAN/WAN/Firewall issues.
• Implementing approved changes in line with best practices.
• Maintaining agreed quality assurance and upkeep of all relevant documentation.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate with a wide cross section of users and adjust engagement style to suit the circumstances.
• HP Enterprise level switches and routers
• Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual and logical team and independently as circumstances dictate.
• Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of the range of Service Operations and Service Management processes.
• Customer/Vendor Management, escalation management, customer relationship-building.
• In-depth understanding of technology in direct responsibility
• General understanding of related technologies
• Strong MS Office skills e.g. Excel, Word, Visio and Project
• Sound troubleshooting and decision making skills
• Previous Customer Service experience
• Must be a Service and Customer orientated team player.
• Flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in a diverse organization.
• Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
• Good motivational skills.
• Strong LAN/WAN/Firewall technical skills across multiple site network
• Strong technical documentation and communication skills.
• Good understanding of IT security and associated processes.
• Strong working knowledge of HP Comware and/or Cisco IOS on router and switch platforms.
• Good administration experience on multi-vendor firewalls (Juniper, McAfee and Checkpoint).
• Strong network troubleshooting.
• Good network security principles (incl cryptography)
• A willingness to work in a team to meet tight deadlines.
• Dynamic working attitude and strong problem solving skills.
• Good written and verbal English skills.
• Organized, good time management and generally methodical in approach to work.
• Strong follow-up skills (tenacity).
• Ability to work alone and have a proactive approach to workload
• Copper and fibre cabling standards & JSP440/JSP480 experience
• Good team player who can take ownership of actions and provide suitable technical input for issues that need to be escalated to 3rd line support.
• Applicant must be in a position to gain UK government security clearance.
Education and Qualifications:
• Technical Requirements / Components:
o Predominantly Experienced with Aruba/H3C and Cisco Routing & Switching technologies
o Juniper, Fortinet & Checkpoint
o Network Load Balancing – F5 LTM/GTM
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.