Our Technicians keep millions of people connected to the wide range of services we have to offer. If you’re tech savvy, a great problem solver and love helping customers – take your career on the road with us.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Technician at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Personable 8
- Helpful 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Adaptable 9
- Tech savvy 7
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Locates buried facilities near the route of "B" service wire using appropriate equipment.
2. Operates a vehicle with trailer.
3. Places buried service wires using a manually controlled gasoline/diesel powered tractor/trencher, plow, boring machine or manual tools.
4. Coordinates work activity with customers, other utilities, and government agencies.
5. Provides temporary repairs to low voltage buried utilities, sprinkler systems, and sewage field lines damaged while performing other duties.
6. Provides periodic maintenance and non-complex repairs to equipment used in performance of other responsibilities.
7. Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 120 pounds.
8. Excavates using a shovel.
9. Reads and interprets simple instructions.
10. Drives Company vehicles.
11. Follows established safety practices and procedures including the manufacture's specifications for operation or use of equipment.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications.
The following must be satisfactorily completed for title retention:
On-the-job and/or classroom training as required.
Satisfactory performance and attendance in present job.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Valid driver's license and the ability to drive vehicle manual shift in some assignments.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates require the ability to:
Normally work Monday through Friday with overtime and weekend work as required. Tour length will be 8 hours.
Work outside in all kinds of weather and use various manually controlled machines or tools.
Lifts and moves objects weighing up to 120 pounds.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED
Previous operating experience with equipment is desirable.
Individuals holding this job title may be required to perform the above job duties with or without "reasonable accommodations."
Date posted 08/21/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
How to prepare for your assessment
Our goal is to set you up for success at AT&T.
That's why we’re providing you with the information you need to prepare for the entire application process. When you’re getting ready, it’s a good idea to find a quiet place, get in the zone and answer as honestly as possible. And to prevent any errors from happening, make sure you are doing so on a computer and not a mobile device.
The job is rewarding with great pay, benefits and the ability to meet the needs of customers with excellent service. Each day is a new adventure. You meet new customers, explore different cities, and challenge yourself everyday. You get to work on your own, but if needed, you've got reliable support in your group of peers and management team.
Everyday is different. Everyday is a new challenge. You will learn something new everyday, so don't expect to get the job figured out in the first few months.Current Employee – Wire Technician
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.