You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T Entertainment Group is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team. As a Sr.Specialist - Technical Operations, you will work on a team that is responsible for supporting a designated platform, performing troubleshooting steps and taking action to resolve issues identified through monitoring by performing any hands on work required to maintain our lineup of world class products and services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the service:
• Implement and leverage best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
• Perform first touch resolution
• Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
• Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities
• Documentation and robust knowledge base creation
• Project management and support
• Change Implementation, documentation and training
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
• Provide first touch resolution support to the video delivery environment
• Lead system testing and validation of monitoring and control maintenance
• Assist with projects including the planning, implementation, documentation, and training of staff as needed.
• Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary
• Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
• Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
AT&T Entertainment Group is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV and U-Verse to our newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
The background of the successful candidate should include:
• 4+ years of experience with technologies associated with providing a live channel video and video-on-demand (VOD) services in on premises or cloud-based environments with IP and satellite distribution
• BS/BA in a technology related field is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of RF physical equipment and infrastructure, technical workflow diagrams and working with engineers to test and integrate new systems
• Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment with changing priorities
• Expertise in configuration and optimization of a diversity of toolsets to maintain and improve services, to include Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic, MoogSoft, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios
• A good understanding of computer networking services and tools
• Experience and familiarity with Kubernetes, BitBucket/GIT, Unix/Linux, AWS and agile/scrum methodologies with strong scripting and automation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, analytical skills and ability to influence and teach others
• Experience with administrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring various systems in a Windows and/or Linux environment
• This position is in a 24x7 facility and may require the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime
• All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.