Senior Account Executive, Marketplace Development Team
This role will focus on prospecting and selling video media solutions to buyers that Xandr doesn’t work with directly, empowering buyers to sell innovative solutions and ensuring buyers are able to deliver video budgets that meet/exceed campaign KPIs. This resource will have an unrestricted sales territory in the US and Canada, partnering closely with our Marketplace Partners team to ensure spend is able to flow between our systems.
This role is perfect for someone who has a passion for developing client-side and agency relationships. With your broad and long-standing relationships, you will act as a strategic & consultative partner to sell a wide range of video media solutions that will ensure that their business goals are met. Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to get to the root of a problem, are critical, as is the ability to exercise good judgment independently. This individual needs to be able to breakdown complex technology/marketplace dynamics and explain it with simplicity, as well as liaise with anyone ranging from a media planner to CEO.
About the team:
The Marketplace Development team is a new function at Xandr, created to grow and support strategic marketplaces. In 2021, this team’s primary objective will be to grow US and Canada video spend from agencies and brands with a focus on CTV spend. The Marketplace Development team represents the “voice of demand” with strategic publishers, ensuring preferred inventory access and packaging, and represents the “voice of supply” with buyers, educating and assisting them with inventory access. As a buyer-centric marketplace function, this team identifies, builds, and sells the media solutions that video buyers need to be successful.
About the job:
- Generate new client leads and create new business opportunities through prospecting and strategic outreach.
- Attend trade shows and external events to generate new client opportunities.
- Effectively move both outbound and marketing (inbound) generated leads through the sales process via calls, meetings, and email communication.
- Meet with buyer’s Sales and Inventory Management teams to understand supply interests and source required deals to power their media offerings.
- Develop customized sales materials and deliver in a consultative manner, ensuring we bring unique value to prospects.
- Create presentations and proposals, answer questions, overcome objections, and secure commitments for new business.
- Maintain a sales pipeline sufficient to support attainment of sales objectives.
- Collaborate and partner with leadership to improve on and deliver new solutions for our video buyers.
- Utilize sales CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly and annual quota goals.
- Leverage knowledge of Xandr offerings to problem solve with the client and co-create valuable solutions.
- Serve as a point of escalation and resolution for video campaign issues.
- Represent the client needs with other functional teams and provide input to Product to help shape our development roadmap.
About your skills and experience:
- Experience selling digital media, preferably through programmatic auctions.
- Proven success closing new business and going above and beyond.
- Ability to prospect and connect with potential new clients via cold call/email, and through professional and social networks
- Capable of gaining a deep understanding of technology enabled advertising solutions.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, demonstrating an ability to influence clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong self-motivation and persistence, and an internal drive to succeed
- BA/BS degree required, STEM degree a plus
- 7+ years of post-college work experience; work in Advertising Technology or Media Planning/Buying/Selling a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.