Los Angeles, California
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Los Angeles, California
AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, U-Verse and our streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Systems Engineer to join us in Tech Ops – Advertising, you will help drive the team’s mission of automation and optimization of both technology and processes. You will collaborate with engineers, data scientists and technical leaders across the company. You will help evolve and participate in technical research to enable continuing innovation. This is a high-visibility role that will greatly impact how advertising in AT&T Entertainment group is delivered and monetized.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the Advertising Service:
• Implement and leverage best-in-class advertisement insertion technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
• Scripting and automation with movement towards a DevOps capability
• Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
• Serve as technical lead and drive all issues/problems that directly or indirectly impact Advertising services to full resolution/normalization
• Monitoring, instrumentation and metrics collection. Define KPIs in support of strategic and operational end-to-end performance
• Build automated reporting on Advertising service metrics and drive service improvements with data driven decisions
• Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities with a focus on first touch resolution
• Interacting and leading conversations with Advertising business partners, engineering, product development and vendors
The background of the successful candidate should include:
• BS/BA in a technology related field or related technical experience
• Hands-on automation experience (Scripting language and Java preferred)
• Experience and background with technologies associated with advertising and operations
• Expertise learning and utilizing a diversity of toolsets to maintain and optimize services. Optimally includes one or more of Splunk, SoapUI, MoogSoft, Prometheus, and Grafana
• Working experience with SQL, Kubernetes, JMeter, Python, Docker, BitBucket/GIT, Unix/Linux, shell scripting, Java, Jenkins and/or AWS
• Previous experience with Atlassian Products like Kanban, Jira, Confluence
• Experience working alongside software development teams utilizing agile/scrum methodologies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence others
Date posted 01/17/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.