Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
AT&T Entertainment Group is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV and U-Verse to our newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
AT&T Entertainment Group is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team. As an Associate - Technical Operations, you will work on a team that owns the end-to-end monitor and control for our entire local lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the service:
• Implement and leverage best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
• Perform first touch resolution
• Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
• Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities
• Documentation and robust knowledge base creation
• Guided change implementation, documentation and training
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
• Provide support to the on‐air operations environment with monitor and control (M&C) to restore functionality including performing follow up and assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting of broadcast servers, applications, and software
• Assist with system testing and validation of monitoring and control maintenance
• Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary
• Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
• Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
The background of the successful candidate should include:
• 1 - 2 years of experience with technologies associated with providing a live channel video and video-on-demand (VOD) services in on premises or cloud-based environments
• BS/BA in a technology related field is preferred
• Working knowledge of satellite broadcast and RF infrastructure/workflow
• Experience with Monitor and Control toolsets to maintain and improve services
• Scripting, containers, automation, application management, agile/scrum experience a plus
• A good understanding of computer networking services and tools
• This position is in a 24x7 facility and may require the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime
• All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.