Our Department of State team supports our Nation’s diplomats, deploying technology solutions to overseas embassies and consulates that facilitate diplomatic action.
AT&T has an opening for a network engineer to support the Department of State, in providing WiFi installation services at US embassies and consulates around the world. This individual will be responsible for conducting WiFi surveys at US Embassies and Consulates overseas and overseeing the installation of WiFi Access Points, controllers, firewalls, encryptors and supporting infrastructure. This position will typically provide leadership for a team of 1 – 4 other individuals during the site visit. This individual will be required to develop passive, predictive and active coverage maps, determine locations for controllers and switches, determine pathways to connect switches to access points and document these findings. Deliverables will include heat maps, site survey reports and as-built documentation.
- Conducting WiFi surveys at US Embassies and Consulates overseas, to include the development of passive, predictive and active coverage maps.
- This individual will determine locations for controllers and switches and determine pathways to connect switches to access points. These findings will be documented in deliverables that include heat maps and a site survey report
- Overseeing the installation of WiFi Access Points, controllers, firewalls, encryptors and supporting infrastructure with teams generally ranging from one to five other individuals
- Assisting with the installation of WiFi access points and cabling at smaller sites
- Developing post-installation documentation, to include as-built reports
Top Secret (#topsecret)
Individual should have experience with developing heat maps and other artifacts using WiFi survey software, installation of WiFi networks, installation of network cabling infrastructure and leadership of small teams.
Ekahau software certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.