What makes AT&T a global company? For starters, we support an impressive portfolio of large multi-nationals customers wherever they live and work. . We also have one of the largest networks ever created. Today, we’re bringing it all together with revolutionary devices and next generation services for U.S consumers and advanced communication, cloud application, and leading mobility solutions for business globally. Our collaborative approach to innovation is transforming what’s possible – in the home, in the car, and everywhere. With locations across the Asia Pacific, the Americas and EMEA, we’re the network of career possibilities that connects the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provides On-site support for network incidents that require hands and eyes at client facility to assist with troubleshooting, log captures, simple cable/patch changes, or device reboots.
2. Works assigned projects in the area of LAN, WAN, datacenter. May be building new infrastructure or making changes to existing networks.
3. Works with client to understand requirements and develop solutions.
4. Creates the necessary network engineering configurations and or designs for the project. Works with the client and other technical teams to schedule implementations. May participate or need to support the Change.
5. Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and project delivery time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
6. Provide all necessary network and project documentation.
7. As necessary, work with the client and Support teams to diagnose and correct problems that may have resulted from changes.
8. Actively participate in meetings pertaining to requirements discussions, project management, and all staff meetings.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• 3+ years’ experience supporting Cisco LAN and WAN environments.
• 1+ year experience with network design and implementations.
• A thorough understanding of network design and components associated with LAN, WAN, and Datacenter environments.
• Must be able to create detailed Cisco designed and configurations. Working knowledge of Cisco Command Line instructions.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information in a concise and articulate manner.
• Be flexible and creative to adapt to environments where functional and business objectives evolve and change rapidly
• Be a capable individual contributor with ability to work with other departments and coordinate activities. Strong customer service skills are essential.
• Familiarity with the TCP/IP protocol stack, how information flows between the layers and what that means in an Enterprise and Data Center network environments.
• Be organized and proficient with accounting for time, billing specifics, and company reporting activities.
• Very proficient with Visio, Excel, and other MS Office products.
• Firewall design experience
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
• Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
• IPS/IDS understanding
• Working knowledge of data communications: premise cabling (Cat5/6), fiber optics, and peripherals.
Education and Qualifications:
Required: CCNA, Bachelor of Science Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications.
Preferred: CCNP and Other Cisco certifications. Security
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.