AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Intelink Services provide interagency information sharing, content discovery, and collaboration capabilities on the IC system domains to the IC and its partners in Defense, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs, and Law Enforcement.
AT&T has an opening for a Linux Engineer to support Public Sector Solutions.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work in an environment where you can design the architecture and develop solutions to meet the organization’s needs while enhancing your skillset and advancing your career.
- Looking for an innovative, and motivated individual to join a small, talented, and hardworking Linux team in a hybrid cloud and on premise-based environment.
- This team creates, maintains, and troubleshoots Linux instances on multiple networks, in multiple architectures.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on Linux administration experience, knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies, works well in a small team setting, has a desire to automate processes where possible, and a willingness to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Experience with AWS API and cloud automation
- Experience with configuration management and maintaining standard baselines in a production environment.
- Experience with scripting and task automation with Bash and Python script.
- Provide Linux virtual and physical server support to include:
- AWS AMI creation/configuration
- Kickstart installation/configuration
- Software installation/updates/patches via Yum
- Monitor servers for health and status
- Troubleshoot Linux server hardware/software/networking
- Perform security hardening of Linux OS for compliance
- User account administration
- Proficient with services such as DNS, NFS, LVM, rsyslog, iptables
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate issues with team members and/or service owners
- Experience with AWS EC2 Auto Scaling
- Experience with aws-cli and boto3
- Experience with Puppet and Ansible
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: A Masters Degree in a Technical, Computer or Math related field with five (5) years experience in the following: Domain Name Server (DNS), Network Time Protocol (NTP) and IP routing protocols. A Bachelors Degree with seven (7) years experience; an Associates Degree with ten (10) years of experience may be substituted for the Masters Degree. No degree with 10 years of experience implementing information technology solutions is acceptable. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, traffic management and cloud computing experience are desired.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Senior Linux DevOps Engineer SME2 earns between $108,000 - $185,820 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2336759 Date posted 11/06/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events