AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Intelink Services provide interagency information sharing, content discovery, and collaboration capabilities on the IC system domains to the IC and its partners in Defense, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs, and Law Enforcement.
AT&T has an opening for a MS SQL Server Database Administrator to support Public Sector Solutions.
The job duties of the MS SQL Server Database Administrator are as follows:
- Work in an environment supporting multiple applications that rely upon Microsoft SQL Server as their backend database.
- Looking for a self-motivated individual that wants to learn new skills as well as contribute to the growth and maturity of the processes used to support and maintain databases by a small, talented, and hardworking database administration team.
- This team creates, maintains, and troubleshoots Microsoft SQL Server databases on multiple networks using multiple architectures.
- The environment consists of databases hosted both in on-premise datacenters and in cloud environments.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience creating, maintaining, patching and troubleshooting issues related to Microsoft SQL Server databases, knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies, works well in a small team setting, has a desire to automate processes where possible, and a willingness to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Windows Security Update Patching.
- Security team task mitigation.
- Daily Windows Log, SQL Server Log, and SQL Server Service Reviews.
- Database Backup, Backup Verification, and Restore.
- SQL Server Process Documentation.
- Troubleshooting Reported Service Support Issues.
- Intermediate to senior level of understanding of MS SQL Server and the following MS SQL Server features and/or tasks.
- SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- SQL Server Database Backup and Restore.
- SQL Server Failover Cluster.
- SQL Server full text index management.
- SQL Server Agent Job Creation and Management.
- Intermediate to senior level of understanding of MS Windows Server and the following Windows Server features and/or tasks.
- Windows Failover Cluster.
- Windows Cluster.
- Windows Event Log Filtering.
- Windows Task Scheduler Setup and Management.
- Commvault backup solutions.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: DBA2: Ten (10) years experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
DoD 8570 Compliance with IAM level 1 is required.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our MS SQL Server Database Admin DBA2 earns between 79,300 - 181,334 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2305624 Date posted 02/06/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone