AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Senior Program Manager to support the Nellis 5G Nomadic Testbed build out and integration of associated network enhancements by providing senior leadership and technical integration management in direct support of customer expectations. This position will provide program management and technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation, and account management of highly technical 5G/IoT/Mobility solutions for the DoD 5G to Next G Initiative at Nellis AFB, Nevada.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding technical issues relating to AT&T Core services, such as 5G/IoT/Mobility and input into product roadmap and prioritization.
- Advises the Air Force on suitability of products based on technical needs and rationalizes customer requirements in product roadmap prioritization.
- Contributes to new program initiatives, proposals, presentations, or bids, including developing solutions and pricing of highly complex 5G/IoT/Mobility solutions for the Air Force.
- Develops strategic plans around 5G, MEC, and NEC with key stakeholders from the Air Force.
- Researches and develops solutions with AT&T external and internal partners for the Air Force.
- May manage and coordinate the sales process and/or technical team in support of the sale of highly complex products and services to the Air Force. These complex products/services are a priority for the Air Force and requires specific focus, innovation and expertise.
- Provide/suggest training for broadening and deepening the Air Force Support team’s knowledge and experience to support identification of additional opportunities.
- Supports 5G testbed architecture and infrastructure engineering efforts that is a prerequisite to work center detail design, configuration, and installation work.
- Establishes and maintains AT&T architecture standards.
- Performs architecture review and assurance.
- Interacts with supporting partners / vendors, Nellis AFB stakeholders, and associated representatives to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate
activities, and complete projects within time, scope, and budget constraints.
- Maintains an Integrated Master Schedule of all program activities throughout all phases of the engagement
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with the Air Force and other agencies with similar telecommunication
Active DoD Secret with TS eligibility (#secret)
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with baseline proficiency in MS Office
- Extensive knowledge of AT&T’s 5G/IoT and Mobility portfolios.
- Expertise with the coordination implementation and of AT&T’s 5G/IoT/Mobility solutions into the Air Force environments.
- Previous experience as Lead Engineer on a large-scale 5G/IoT and Mobility end to end implementations.
- Ability to manage technical Integrated Product Teams consisting of various industry partners
- Ability and willingness to provide technical instruction regarding the fielded system and any upgrades that are delivered
- Availability to support technical efforts during high intensity incident resolution processes.
- Previous Management, Network and Mobility Engineer Consulting experience
- Focuses and guides self and assigned team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Makes end-users and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive end-user relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to prepare recommendations for optimization and improvement within the Mobility architecture; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective end-user solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience, 6+ years of Information Technology (IT) management experience, preferably within commercial or Department of Defense(DoD) space, 8+ plus years in mobility services to include extensive knowledge of wireless RAN, Core, and Transport systems
- Extensive knowledge of AT&T Core company products such as 5G/IoT/Mobility networks and application, industry trends, broad technical understanding of cellular history past, present, and future, SDN, cloud, devices, and networks (wired and wireless) with ability to innovate on the fly from end point to application/cloud and back.