Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Technician - To support the NRO’s computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Tier 2 network field technician will support the installation and maintenance of the client’s LAN/WAN devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Bachelor’s and 3 years of experience OR Associates and 5 years OR HS and 7 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
- 8570 Certification
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar ITSM products.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.