Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. So, what do you say? Let’s do great things together.
AT&T Strategic Account Lead is considered an expert in providing wireline voice, data and wireless/mobility application and solutions to AT&T large fortune customers. As an expert, the Strategic Account Lead is successful in the development and execution of strategies that focus on meeting and exceeding the business needs of our clients. An AT&T Strategic Account Lead is successful in identifying key industry trends, leveraging market-based knowledge and the AT&T portfolio to deliver strategic solutions to the client through a consultative sales approach.
As a Strategic Account Lead you’ll focus on developing sales opportunities and presenting customized solutions to business customers. You’ll support the entire branch prospecting, qualifying, and gaining access to the operational leaders within our customer base. You’ll leverage your professional network and partner closely with the AT&T Client Solution Executives to gain additional access into our customer base and position AT&T to offer additional core services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partnering with customers to understand their business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to deliver value-added business solutions
• Leverage industry knowledge, applications, and product knowledge to find and close opportunities
• Overall revenue growth, customer satisfaction, and the full scope of AT&T relationship performance within a portfolio of one or more assigned AT&T customers. This includes both retention and acquisition activities
• Build and Manage sales funnel, analyze and manage pipeline activity, monitor sales activity against assigned quotas, and lead Account Executives toward achieving and exceeding business results
• Incorporate executive summary, Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and solutions design to develop customer-specific proposals and presentations
• Manage the financial forecasting for said accounts. Ability to understand and articulate the client's financial goals and pressures and AT&T's ability to deliver ROI
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• 8+ years of experience selling into large F100/F500 accounts
• 5+ years of telecommunication sales experience including both wireline voice and data and wireless and mobility application and solutions
• Five years of consultative sales experience, business planning and executive positioning
• Knowledge of LANs, WANs, and supporting hardware and software
• Application sales experience that includes Hosting, Digital Media Solutions, Unified Communications, Cloud Services, Applications Management, Consulting & Integration, Emerging Technologies
• Wireless sales experience including one or more of the following: voice, data, integrated devices, Applications, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android, WWAN, Laptop Connect, Mobility Network
• Technical sales experience and/or technical consultation experience
• Large Fortune business account sales experience
• C-Level, executive business sales experience
• Strong negotiation and closing skills
• Successful sales track record
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Technical Knowledge
• Moderate financial skills
• RFI and RFP
• Knowledge of AT&T Portfolio:
o Voice (Local and LD)
o Enterprise Mobility
o Mobility Application Solutions
o Consulting, Integration and Equipment Solutions
o Contact Center (Call Centers)
o Hosting and Application Services
o Security and Business Continuity Services
o Unified Communications
o Bundled and integrated Services
o Digital Media Solutions
o Global Networking
• Pass required sales and data assessments
• Valid Drivers License
Desired skills, experience, education and certifications
• Technical sales experience in a large-business environment
• In depth knowledge of all AT&T Products/Telecommunications
• Bachelors degree is not required but a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS is preferred
• Cisco Certifications: CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCIE is preferred
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.