Customer Service Representative
Johnson City, Tennessee
We’re giving you a clear connection to new opportunities. Inside one of our Call Centers, you’ll help customers find solutions for the products and services they love – all while sharing what’s new and next in tech. Along the way, you’ll see what’s possible for your career with a global industry leader.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to work flexible
hours including evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Have a high school diploma
or have earned your GED
- Have at least one year of
- Be familiar with Windows
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative?
- Clear and effective communication
- Positive attitude
- Adaptability - every call is different
- Calm under pressure
Start here. Go anywhere.
A role with us opens to endless possibilities for your career. See what we mean below:
A day in the life
It’s your job to connect people to the solutions they need.
Help customers with billing issues, troubleshooting, payment plans and upgrades.
Along the way, you’ll channel your passion for tech to build customer relationships and set them up with new products.
Customer Service Representative
Johnson City, Tennessee
What's in it for you?
Start with the paycheck: Customer Service Representatives start between $13.62 and $15.11 per hour. We’ll provide on-the-job paid training and resources in a supportive environment that encourages your professional growth. AND, you receive an automatic pay increase every 6 months of active service up to top pay!
You’ll receive 50% off your AT&T wireless service and discounts on other AT&T products and services (i.e. DirecTV, WIFI, etc..). Add to all that a full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and work/life resources.
Take the lead at the front line of our company. You’ll offer customized solutions, opportunities and provide service for millions of customers – one at a time. Be a part of an award-winning team that passionately cares about customers. Your expert recommendations will ensure customers get the most out of the technology they love.
What does it take to deliver best-in-class service and technology? Excellent communication skills. You’ll handle customer service calls ranging from billing and payments to plan changes and upgrades. Your consultative approach to customers’ needs will deliver personalized recommendations of AT&T products and services.
Do you have prior customer service/sales experience or a college degree? If so, you may be eligible for higher pay.
Career possibilities are limitless with AT&T. You will have the chance to round out your experience with training on the latest technology, devices and our entire lineup of products, services and promotions. If you’re 18 years or older, let’s talk.
Handles past due accounts, negotiate for payments, customer questions, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one call resolution. Offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customer's business. Handles business transactions in connection with activation of new customer accounts on a computer terminal. Communicates with customers using web-based tools and demonstrates the associated proficiency in typing and grammar. Has broad working knowledge of AT&T practices and operations and demonstrates continued and consistent proficiency in most of the skill sets utilized within the Host Call Center. May assist management with scheduling and tracking of the workforce and vacation schedules in accordance with set Company guidelines and requirements. May assist in training new employees. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
• Utilize operational systems to process purchases of AT&T products and services; i.e. collections, payments for Wireless bills and accessories
• Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and reports problem areas
• May be required to work in one or multiple queues/skill sets over various customer contact channels
• Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and service provided to the customer
• Utilizes mechanized systems to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests
• Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
• Make recommendations according to customer's needs on features, accessories, upgrades and rate plans
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A PARTICULAR JOB:
• Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures to according to finance guidelines
• Responsible for credit/inbound and outbound collections, activations, customer service, E-services, revenue, fraud, business and technical/roaming support inquiries, and other duties as required
• No physical requirements
TESTS: Applicants will be expected to pass any assessment associated with the position. Study Guide for pre-employment screening (click the link below to open the study guide)
• Classroom training
• On-the-job training
• On-line training
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Specific job assignments may require day, evening, weekend or holiday hours. Overtime may be required
• One-year customer service work experience preferred. Excellent communication and computer skills
Provisions listed in these Job Descriptions may be changed or modified by AT&T Mobility without prior notice at any time, at the Company's sole discretion.
Date posted 08/03/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- If you don’t pass on your first attempt, you’ll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Completing your assessment
Want an idea of what will be on the assessment? You can prepare by taking a look at our study guides:
I loved working at AT&T
Great people, great pay, great advancements, great work environment. I can't say anything bad about the company but I wish I had never left. My family moved to another state.
None. No Cons. None I can think of. I have worked in Georgia and Florida at At&t call center and the energy and excited may be a bit much for some. I love it.Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.