Ready for an upgrade? A different browser will keep you connected to the full website experience – and protect you from security risks.
Job title, category or skills
Start your journey with AT&T
Make an immediate impact
Join 13K other Veterans at AT&T
A world of opportunity awaits
Working here is more than just a job title
Mind if we brag for a moment?
See for yourself
Click each circle to confirm this job is a good fit for you.
We need you to build the future of our network.
Use your expert knowledge to install Wi-Fi and voice services while working inside and outside our customers' homes.
From performing construction work to laying telephone cables and conduits, you'll keep our customers connected to the services they need.
Complete cable splices to maintain and repair our customers' services while working outdoors in the field.
Ditch the office and take your career on the road.
What's this job really like? See what's on the road in a technician career.
Connect customers in your community to the latest tech and services in opportunities that are as wide as the open road.
LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as an Outside Plant Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Outside Plant Technicians install, maintain and repair services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Outside Plant Technician:
1. Work with heavy duty power equipment and hand tools in the construction and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit and pole lines.
2. Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission and drives or rides to work locations.
3. Drive vehicles with three or more axles or tow other vehicles of 6,000 pounds or more. Will be required to obtain Class A Driver’s License once on the job. (this includes passing a Federal DOT Medical Examination) Will be required to have taken and passed the Class A Driver’s License written test within six months.
4. All employees who hold a commercial vehicles driver’s license and, as part of their job function are required or may be required to operate a motor vehicle whose Gross Combination Weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds includes of a towed unit with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds or, is designated to transport 15 or more passengers, including the driver or, is of any size and is used in transporting hazardous materials requiring placarding under federal regulations will be required to participate in federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs.
5. Receive verbal and/or written work orders and instructions form supervisor.
6. Review and analyze complex schematic drawings to determine work to be done, methods and sequence of tasks.
7. Perform various types of construction operations which all require heavy physical labor and lifting.
8. Required to follow standards and practices while meeting service deadlines.
9. Perform housekeeping duties for assigned Company vehicles and various work locations for the safety of the employee and protection of the facilities under construction.
10. Communicate and coordinate with other work groups to perform test on work in progress or completed work and obtains additional information regarding work assignment.
11. Perform preventative maintenance on all assigned company tools, equipment and motor vehicle.
12. Perform repetitive tasks, e.g., manually digging poles/and or holes.
13. Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
14. Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
15. Use testing equipment to check for gas in manholes and cleans water and debris from manholes.
16. Must meet specific quality, production and safety standards.
17. Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which have to be loaded and unloaded from Company vehicle, moved or rearranged.
18. Will be expected to be the Company’s and customer’s advocate.
19. Perform time reporting tasks on a daily basis.
20. May be required to climb non-stepped poles with the use of climbers.
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited period with the definite understanding that their employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Study Guides(click the links below to open the various study guides)Assessment Information:Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT III)
Study Guides(click the links below to open the various study guides)
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Stay updated on your status. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
If you don't pass on your first attempt, you'll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Watch this video to see what the job's really like
Complete online application
Want an idea of what will be on the assessment? You can prepare by taking a look at our study guides:
Premises Technician Assessment
Technical Mechanical Test Field III
Conduct your interviews — in person, by phone, recorded video or over video chat.
Conduct follow-up interviews
Conditional job offer
Complete the background check
Congratulation and welcome to AT&T!
Every day, you can work someplace new.
Teamwork and the guidance of experienced leaders made the difference.
When a teammate needs help, Cyrus is the first to raise his hand
With his career exprience, Guy Thomas achieved a pivot.
AT&T is a Modern Communications and Technology Company.
It’s our people and partners who make the difference.
Connecting you to Tech, Entertainment and Community Leaders.
Stories and News from the People at AT&T.
Sign up for job alerts, updates and more.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Give people what they don't expect.
Speak with your actions.
Press, speech, beliefs.
Impact your world.
When customers & colleagues need you most.