AT&T was the first to deliver advanced telecommunications and technology services to companies headquartered in India. That means big things for your career. Not only will you join one of the most exciting telecom markets in the world, you’ll bring your technology expertise to local as well as international customers.
On the personal side, you are someone who is detail-oriented. You should have superior verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills. You are able to work on multiple tasks at once and are able to work independently while maintaining professionalism under pressure.
At the professional level, you excel at using your knack for problem solving to resolve issues at their root. You yearn to troubleshoot, recreate issues, and analyze data for failure patterns. You use your development skills in conjunction with your breadth of technical skills to suggest/implement long term solutions and automate the repeated process. You have the drive to learn new things and always go above and beyond what is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in design and architecture phases of development and infrastructure projects.
• Participate in the final review of new installations to include acceptance and performance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
• Integrate hardware/software solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs.
• Gather and analyze data to establish system requirements
• Automate Deployment process and maintain the codebase throughout the lifecycle
• Provide client with post-installation and integration support
• Maintains understanding of business issues, operating procedures and priorities. Actively seeks opportunities for increased business and IT agility.
• Perform system and network integration, owning all aspects of data and application migrations for 10-250 user networks.
• Troubleshoot advanced server and network issues escalated from the team, determine root cause and resolve
• Interact with various teams and clients regularly on technology design, roadmap, planning and issue resolution
• Document and analyze technology systems to maximize reuse of shared platform services.
• Proactive service analysis to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems and perform preventative resolution.
• Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures (Problem Records) that adversely affect service delivery.
• Assume ownership for reported Infrastructure problems, work with other team members, developers, and third parties to identify and resolve root cause issues.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Systems engineering positions are highly technical in nature. This highly technical and hands-on position requires the incumbent to work in a team and individual work setting contributing to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.
• Significant knowledge of all infrastructure components including servers, storage, switches and routers, firewalls and load balancers.
• Thorough understanding of virtualization design, build and administration of VMWare, Hyper-V or OpenStack and AWS or Azure cloud services
• Strong knowledge with automation/configuration management using Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or equivalent.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a high availability, highly scalable environment
• Understand the complete software development lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
• Proven ability to analyze, debug and troubleshoot the root cause of applications’ issues
• Experience in multi data center design and integration
• Expert Knowledge of Windows operation systems
• Experience with Database servers (SQL, Oracle)
• Experience in managing several projects across teams
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to solve complex problems
• should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to work as individual contributor as well as part of multi culture team
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing work environment with consistent attention to details
• An enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
Education and Qualifications:
• Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5 - 8 years’ experience in System Engineering.
Nice to Have:
• Certification in Cloud technologies/Linux/Network/Storage
• Proficiency in standard MS Office applications including MS Visio
• Ability to quickly learn and communicate value of new technologies to technical and non-technical audiences
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.