AT&T Consumer Technology eXperience product team is looking for a Principal Database administrator who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role requires familiarity with a wide variety of data platforms, including Cassandra, Mongo, and Oracle.
As a Principal DBA, also responsible for database configuration, reliability, recoverability, performance, and the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of database software and related components. Responsible for providing operational database support for databases on many different DBMS (database management systems) software levels and versions, utilizing a wide variety of DBMS features, on many different operating system platforms for applications of differing complexities, disaster priority, mission critical designation, strategic initiatives, degree of standardization, practices, and usage of third-party software. Such responsibilities typically include advanced featured databases for complex environments for high priority applications. The operational database support responsibilities include those related to availability, performance, currency, integrity, security, and confidentiality of the database instances, database backups and recoveries, database disaster recovery, data replication, database growth and disk space utilization, database problem analysis and resolution, configuration files, operating system account and system level schemas, tablespaces, database patches, database upgrades, database compatibilities, database bugs and workarounds, database vendor support process, database documentation, new database release features and enhancements, special features associated with the physical DBMS (such as clusters), applications consultation, Cassandra and SQL tuning and object management, automation, and project implementation activities, such as physical design and installation of database environments and database. May also be responsible for project design and estimating, DBMS product certification, DBMS product or feature subject matter expert/point of contact consultation, direction and guidance regarding database management system features, best practices development and implementation, and standards development and implementation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, test, debug, and document new and existing data components to ensure that software meets business, quality, and operational needs
- Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of data enablers
- Establish critical requirements at the solution level, and design a data platform to meet those requirements
- Drive and participate in data solution reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Work with team to troubleshoot data and performance problems quickly and efficiently
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging problems
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all data platforms and processes
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software
- Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Design and execute processes to perform upgrades and other maintenance tasks.
- Working in different shifts overlapping US business hours, 2 PM to 11PM
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in working in Database, Data Management, or Engineering roles
- 10+ years of progressive experience in high volume/high transaction data administration
- 3+ years of experience managing NoSQL databases such as (Cassandra/MongoDb/CosmosDB)
- 10+ years of experience in performance tuning and database monitoring.
Job ID 2308742I Date posted 03/16/2023
- 15+ years of experience in Relational Technologies PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL
- 10+ years of experience in architecture and design of data systems using multiple data platforms
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders